iLife to Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TimJim, Oct 22, 2007.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Is it allowed to copy and paste my iLife programs from Tiger over to Leopard or do i have to reinstall them from the installer disks giving when you buy your mac. It's the same thing right?

Also, if i copy over Microsoft Office and other bought and registered applications over to Leopard will it still be registered while running on Leopard or do i have to buy a new key or whatever?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

sounds like the same thing...although there is an way to install OS X 10.5 without deleting you files and programs..kind of avoids this problem

3. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I you own the iLife license then I see no reason, why you shouldn't be able to do it. However i would Reinstall for sure instead of copying.

4. oduinnin macrumors regular

No Problem

When you get Leopard, just do an Upgrade and all your software will be there and still be registered. :) When you insert the Leopard disk, instructions will come up to walk you through the installation process. Just remember that if you choose to erase your hard drive and do a "Fresh" install of OS X Leopard, you will also have to reinstall all your other applications. So, just choose to do an Upgrade and it will all work out.

5. TimJim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well im doing a fresh install because im installing a new hard drive in my MBP. So when i take out my old HD and put it in an enclosure will i be able to get my same apps that i had all registered or no?

6. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

put the new drive in the enclosure first. Use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your existing drive onto the new one. Then, when you swap drives, the new one has exactly the same data, but is bigger and ready for Leopard. Then just choose "Upgrade" from the installer options.

7. ktzanet macrumors newbie

Ok so i did a huge mistake. I bought a MBP and did a fresh install of Leopard. So now I don't have ilife. What can I do?

8. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha kztanet,

Assuming you got Tiger on your computer when you bought it, you can use Pacifist to extract your iLife apps from your Tiger install disk. You will not be able to retrieve any project data, but at least you'll get the apps.

HawaiiMacAddict