iLife = worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech198, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Now that iDVD is no longer part of new macs, I'm trying to decide weather to purchase iLife pack, weather its worth it just for one app. as iDVD is all i use. If only Apple would may it available on the Mac App Store like they did with iMove & GarageBand I wouldn't have a problem.

Or are there other alternatives ?

2. Dnix macrumors 6502

I don't use any of that stuff. But then again, I'm a huge bore. :rolleyes:

3. szolr macrumors 6502

Try Burn.

4. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

ah yeah... Burn...

Good software but basic burning, but i was kinda trying to keep the meaning and chapters schemes of iDVD in mind, and wondering if there is any other Mac software that would do the same thing as that.

Is would iDVD be the only choice ? aka. I''ve used Toast, but the video quality is shocking, even at best quality.

So any idvd style alternative.?

5. szolr macrumors 6502

OK, specifically to rival iDVD I don't know any apps I'm afraid. Unfortunately I don't have iDVD on my Macbook Pro now and never used it much before Lion so can't remember all the features to go find an equivalent (if 1 exists even).

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

You can set chapter markers in iMovie, then export it, and burn it with Burn for OS X

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You can get iLife '08 (which has the latest version of iDVD) for $8 used. I would say get that if it's what your familiar with. It has great templates/menus & if you slightly tinker with it, you can make your custom menus.

8. Dock Status macrumors regular