iLife?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SeanEE89, Mar 5, 2008.

1. SeanEE89 macrumors regular

I was just curious to whether iLife is worth buying?

2. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

3. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

I like it. I use iPhoto and iWeb only though since I have FCP so I don't have much use for iMovie, iDVD or GarageBand. Do you take digital stills or movies? Are you a musician? It might be worth getting then since the $80 price tag is pretty cheap for all you get.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Everything in iLife can be replaced by other programs. Only buy it if you want vanilla programs. iDVD is a simple DVD creation software, iPhone is a simple photo organization program, Garage Band is a simple, easy to use, audio creation and editing software, and iMovie is a simple video editing software. If you want just one of those features, invest in the professional or advanced versions. I am a bit biased since my computer can't run half the software. I'd like to see Apple release each application seperately for those in a position similar to mine.

TEG

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I think iLife is worth it for basic stuff,but there again i bought the retail disk of a member of MR for £20,so to me its worth it

Oh and TEG why can your Mac only run certain apps?

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

My computer is a PowerBook G4 667 (DVI). Both iMovie and iDVD require at least an 800 MHz processor. Plus, I have Toast, so I have no need for iDVD.

TEG

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Ok gottcha

8. veryamusing macrumors newbie

I bought my copy from my University's on-campus computer store, and it was just $39.00. Steal of a deal for what you get...

9. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

IMO, it's worth it just for iPhoto unless you need something like Aperture.

Dumping all my pictures into iPhoto and having Time Machine just take care it it is a lazy man's dream.

Then being able to post them to the web using iWeb is great too. iLife is all about making the things you want to do, easier to do, so you will actually do them.

Totally worth it for me.

Cheers.

10. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

it comes on every new mac.

if you haven't got it, it contains iWeb, iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie and GarageBand