iLife08 and Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rychencop, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

My MBP came with iLife pre-loaded and of course these programs are included with the system disks. My question(s) is; will Leopard come pre-bundled with iLife08 and if not will I be able to load iLife08 from my Tiger disks after I install Leopard?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What kind of installation do you plan on doing?

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

iLife will not be on the leopard disk. However, if you do either and Upgrade or an Archive & Install, all your apps will still be there once you have installed Leopard. Only if you do an Erase & Install will you have to reinstall all your iLife apps.

4. rychencop thread starter macrumors 65816

rychencop

I had planned to do a erase/install, but that is the question. Will I be able to install iLife08 from my Tiger disks? If not of course I will archive/install Leopard.

thanks

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, you can reinstall from your restore disks that came with your computer

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Install Bundled Software Only option should work.

7. rychencop thread starter macrumors 65816

rychencop

Cool....hopefully it will work. I of course will back up everything just in case.

Thanks guys!!

8. MAW macrumors regular

When doing an erase and install how does one backup app specififc settings such as itunes playlist info iphoto '08 event and album info?

i know with the itunes playlists you should be able to export the playlist as a .txt file and then back that file up, right? is backing up the iphoto info similar?

9. MrMoore macrumors 6502

If you are backing up the files to an external drive, you can just drag the entire "Music" folder. This will backup both the music files [iTunes Music), the associated iTunes database [iTunes library] and the iTunes Music Library.XML. This will preserve your playlists and play count".

For iPhoto '08, drag the entire "iPhoto Library" file (pre-'08 it is a folder) to an external drive. The file is actually a package of all the iPhoto image folders and database info.

:apple:

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

11. MAW macrumors regular

thank you!!

12. MAW macrumors regular

looks interesting.

i had a problem yesterday as i was importing songs and photos into my new imac where both apps didn't recognize any previous playlist, photo album info as i dragged the respective library files over. Then again, these files were used in ilife 'o4 applications so maybe that had something to do with it.

If I erase and install with leopard I just don't want to have to reorganise all my photos back into the events and albums I put them in yesterday.:confused:

13. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

Ok. i just got done using that. once i have Leopard installed how do i get that stuff back on my computer?