iLife08 and Leopard?

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
My MBP came with iLife pre-loaded and of course these programs are included with the system disks. My question(s) is; will Leopard come pre-bundled with iLife08 and if not will I be able to load iLife08 from my Tiger disks after I install Leopard?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
iLife will not be on the leopard disk. However, if you do either and Upgrade or an Archive & Install, all your apps will still be there once you have installed Leopard. Only if you do an Erase & Install will you have to reinstall all your iLife apps.

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
I had planned to do a erase/install, but that is the question. Will I be able to install iLife08 from my Tiger disks? If not of course I will archive/install Leopard.

thanks

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
Cool....hopefully it will work. I of course will back up everything just in case.

Thanks guys!!

MAW

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
When doing an erase and install how does one backup app specififc settings such as itunes playlist info iphoto '08 event and album info?

i know with the itunes playlists you should be able to export the playlist as a .txt file and then back that file up, right? is backing up the iphoto info similar?

MrMoore

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
Arlington Heights,IL
When doing an erase and install how does one backup app specififc settings such as itunes playlist info iphoto '08 event and album info?

i know with the itunes playlists you should be able to export the playlist as a .txt file and then back that file up, right? is backing up the iphoto info similar?

If you are backing up the files to an external drive, you can just drag the entire "Music" folder. This will backup both the music files [iTunes Music), the associated iTunes database [iTunes library] and the iTunes Music Library.XML. This will preserve your playlists and play count".

For iPhoto '08, drag the entire "iPhoto Library" file (pre-'08 it is a folder) to an external drive. The file is actually a package of all the iPhoto image folders and database info.

:apple:

MAW

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
If you are backing up the files to an external drive, you can just drag the entire "Music" folder. This will backup both the music files [iTunes Music), the associated iTunes database [iTunes library] and the iTunes Music Library.XML. This will preserve your playlists and play count".

For iPhoto '08, drag the entire "iPhoto Library" file (pre-'08 it is a folder) to an external drive. The file is actually a package of all the iPhoto image folders and database info.

thank you!!

MAW

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm a fan of iBackup.
looks interesting.

i had a problem yesterday as i was importing songs and photos into my new imac where both apps didn't recognize any previous playlist, photo album info as i dragged the respective library files over. Then again, these files were used in ilife 'o4 applications so maybe that had something to do with it.

If I erase and install with leopard I just don't want to have to reorganise all my photos back into the events and albums I put them in yesterday.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.