iLife08 vs iLife09 / iWork08 vs iWork09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by r0k, Jan 14, 2009.

1. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I reviewed the "what's new" sections for each of the iLife apps. I have decided it's probably worth it for me to get an upgrade mainly for the iPhoto face recognition feature but also for iWeb improvements. I also reviewed the iWork apps and the improved Pages features caught my eye as well as the ability to work with MS Office docs more easily (hopefully without dealing with "export" menus). This export/import snag is one of the main reasons I keep both iWork 08 and openoffice.org 3.0 on all my macs. Now comes the hard part, coming up with $99 bucks each for the family pack upgrades. I have seen rumors about a bundle of the individual apps and I'm hoping for a bundle of the family packs as well.

I'm curious how many '08 users are considering the upgrade and how other users feel about the pricing.

2. prosinader macrumors newbie

I plan to upgrade when iLife09 ships. I may hold out a tad longer though, I heard some rumors of a iLife09/iWork09 (minus OS X) bundle pack for $129. Hope it's true, it would make sense to me.