iLife11 question - installation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicktricks, Oct 25, 2010.

1. nicktricks macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have a quick query. I have a macbook pro with Leopard and iLife 09 installed. When my new iLife 11 DVD arrives, do i need to install from desktop and it will remove the iLife 09 packages, or for best results should i do a clean OSX installation and then install iLife 11?

Any pros cons to either method?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Installing iLife '11 will remove the old iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand applications and replace them with the new versions. iDVD and iWeb will be updated.
    Thus you can just install iLife without reinstalling Mac OS X, as the iLife '11 installer will take care of properly removing old bits of the iLife software and installing the new bits of the new iLife.

Btw, MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

3. nicktricks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this. I googled like mad but all i could get was installation problem threads. Wil use the tool from now on, looks good!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you came upon such a lot of problem threads, be sure to make a backup of your existing Mac OS X installation via Time Machine, CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper, in case something goes wrong.