iLike and FBAgent won't go away. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MovieGuy34, Apr 8, 2014.

1. MovieGuy34 macrumors member

I downloaded a free tiral of iLike on my Mac. I decided I didn't need it and so I deleted it (dragged it to the trash). However I am periodically getting notifications from the application as if it was still there.

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/49240/ilike

I would like to remove this notification but I looked in library preferences, application support and can't find any file that seemed to control this notification.

I noticed when using Mission Control that the notification displayed as FBAgent.

I had previously searched for "ilike" in the library which is why I didn't find this guy. It's actually located in home/Library/Application Support/FBAgent

Even though I removed this, every time I plug in my iPhone or iPad the message still pops up. I've even tried installing it again and then used Clean My Mac 2 to uninstall the app, with no luck.

Has anyone successfully removed this?

Attached Files:

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Here is a tip since that seems to be an annoying malignant piece of software. Redownload it and install it. Then use the application AppZapper to zap it.

http://www.appzapper.com/

You get 5 free zaps. It is a great piece of software. Simply close iLike and drag it from the Applications folder onto AppZapper and let it zap. All traces should be gone.

3. MovieGuy34 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but it didn't work either.... :(

Is there any way to view hidden files? Because when you search for this on the computer it's nowhere to be found.

4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

You could take a look in your Login items (in System Preferences, Accounts) to see if that process is being started there.

If not, maybe try:

Code:
    launchctl list
    to list anything that might be being loaded by launchd. If it appears there, you can remove it via:

Code:
    launchctl remove ....

5. Nike.1982 macrumors newbie

Open System Preferences->User & Groups-> login Items->check FBAgent, and remove it.