I'll be different!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sawah, Oct 13, 2011.

1. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

My mom's first smartphone, iPhone 4 8gig, is set to be delivered tomorrow. It pretty much went through all the annoying things that everyone's 4s' did, processing for days etc. But it's shipped and all set to be here by 4:30 tomorrow and I actually have the day off to get it and set it up for her.

One question for anyone who has ever ported a number. How long does it take from the time I go to activate her phone to port her number and cancel her other line?

2. wellok macrumors 6502

Depends. I think they tell you it can take a couple of days to go through but last time I did it, it was a matter of minutes.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Usually, less than an hour. Tomorrow, don't expect anything related to the wireless industry to go "as usual".

4. sawah thread starter macrumors 6502a

sawah

Thankyou for the info. I hope it doesn't take too long, my mother is pouty already waiting for the phone lol!

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It took me no time at all to do the same when I got my iphone 4. Think I canceled my old service/ported the number, whatever you call it, and set up the phone in under 15 minutes.