I'll be starting the Lion mod scene ;D

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Galaxas0, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Galaxas0 macrumors regular

I've got a couple ideas in the bag, and one idea, which is built around Growl *cough Notification Center for Lion cough* in the works. Now, I'm upgrading to Lion GM as we speak, being a legit developer, so here's a question for all of you aspiring modders. I seek not to mod the UI, but the Mission Control panel and the multiple monitors spaces and fullscreen apps configuration. And I aim to be the first and the best *if all goes well*. So anyone have any leads on what and where I should be looking?

2. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

I don't get how your post starts out so confident only to end with you basically asking where you should start. It sort of serves to undermine things considerably.

From a conceptual standpoint though, I do think Apple should work on a native version of growl. I don't know any fellow Mac users who don't use it. Seriously. Not a single one. That sort of shows that 3rd party apps are filling a gap that Apple has failed to fill.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

yeah, implementing notification center in Lion seems like a big task, but an admirable one. I'm sure someone who has some experience will tackle it sooner or later.

4. Galaxas0 thread starter macrumors regular

Right now, the notification slide down is the last thing left, as I've finished the white banner bar and the blue alert box :] It's going to be a theme for growl built in Objective-C.