I'll be travelling on the 24th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smithrh, Jun 14, 2010.

  1. smithrh macrumors 68020


    Feb 28, 2009
    So, do I:

    Pre-order it tomorrow and have it shipped to my home, and hope they don't leave it on the doorstep without a signature?

    Try to have it shipped to where I *should* be on the 24th?

    Try to reserve one for an Apple store where I *should* be on the 24th?

    Try to buy one at an Apple/Best Buy/AT&T store where I *should* be on the 24th?

    Just wait until I get back?

    This would be for an upgrade from the 3GS. This will be the first time I've upgraded so I've not been through that process before.
  2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

    Mar 16, 2008
    If it is FedEx, they will need a signature. However, I am not sure what happens in the case of holding it. I thought that UPS only held things for a certain number of days or attempts.
  3. amann76 macrumors 6502


    Jun 16, 2009
    MacWorld USA
    once you get you tracking number you can call fedex and tell them to hold for pickup at your local fedex depot. depending how close it is to your house that is an option.
  4. smithrh thread starter macrumors 68020


    Feb 28, 2009
  5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

    May 27, 2009
    I would update your 3gs to iOS 4 on Monday the 21st then play with that for a week. It will probably feel like a new phone. Then stop by an att or Apple store when you get back.
  6. johng723 macrumors member

    May 31, 2004
    I have the same problem. I'll be in another state on the 24th. I've decided to try and reserve it at a best buy near the hotel I'll be staying at :D
  7. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a


    Apr 13, 2009
    You can pre sign for the package. You do it by checking the status of your delivery on the apple site once it's shipped, so like the 21 or 22, then there will be an option to pre sign.

    I will be gone also. Will be in Vegas the 24th, but come home the 25th in the afternoon. I'm just gonna pre sign and have it shipped to my house. Someone will be home later on that afternoon.
  8. smithrh thread starter macrumors 68020


    Feb 28, 2009
    Ahh, I like that idea.

    I won't be coming back until the 27th or so, so pre-signing isn't a great option here.

    I may try to "reserve" a unit near where I'll be... Usually I just like to buy it and be done with it but that may not work here.

Share This Page