Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerocharlie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2022
I'm sure it will take a while, but it seems inevitable that Dynamic Island (as cringe as it is to say) will come to iPad; perhaps even with some iPad-specific tweaks to make it more usable on a larger screen built to multitask.

However, I'm not foolish enough to hold my breath for a unicorn - an iPad mini pro. Selfishly, I think it would be a hit. It seems like a device made to sit right between the iPhone PM and iPad Pro would give consumers another option to choose from, but I realize it will likely never happen.

That doesn't stop me from wishing we'd get one anyways.

redcarlsen

macrumors regular
May 22, 2014
This is so stupid it can't possibly be a real post...
This has to be some Apple marketing guy trying to gauge public sentiment to a dumb idea.

Reactions: snipr125

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I have this big screen that needs no compromise.

Now please punch a hole through it and then make it pretty again.

iPad mini Pro.

playtech1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2014
I think the dynamic island is much harder to make work on a device that can be oriented in both portrait and landscape. Also not really needed given the bezels on iPads.

I think the iPad would be better served by an iPad-specific approach that works in both orientations rather than adapting this (admittedly very neat) phone-oriented solution.

Reactions: wallah
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.