Illinoisians... how do you like AT&T???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jena55, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jena55 macrumors member

I realize it is different across the state, but I would like to hear opinions regardless of where you live in Illinois. I live South of Chicago (outside of the 3g area :(). However, my job takes me all over the state. I am with Verizon currently, and have no problems. I am nervous about a jump to AT&T, but still somewhat considering it.

2. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I live in Champaign and often travel up north to visit family. I have had zero problem with At&t coverage anywhere within the state and it has been better than other carriers when I travel to other states. For the record I switched from Verizon and was a bit worried too but I have not been unhappy with my choice.

Hope this helps.

3. Thudstaff macrumors newbie

Glad to hear this. I'm currently with Sprint and am thinking of going with the new iPhone.

4. jena55 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I actually spend alot of time in Champaign myself and travel north to see family as well. I am abit nervous since Champaign doesnt have 3g yet, and on the map Chicago coverage looks like it could get a bit spotty. Good to know you aren't having problems. What I would hate the most is having phone calls go straight to voicemail. There are times when I absolutely cannot miss calls.

5. Hawklight macrumors member

I live in Decatur located in central Illinois. Coverage here is about average I would say. No better or worse then the Verizon coverage here although we still do not have 3G in the area and I have yet to find anyone who can tell me if/when it is coming.

6. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

i'm about 30 minutes south of chi-town, and i get great service!

m

7. mak10 macrumors regular

I live in Evanston and travel from there to up near the Wisconsin border as well as into the city a decent amount and have only run into problems on the 25th floor of a high rise in the city (one of my buddies condo) and at Wrigley Field during game days (but that's a known problem with not just AT&T). Other than those 2 places I've never had a problem with my current EDGE iPhone.

8. gsxr370 macrumors member

I live north of Rockford near the wis border. I have great service everywhere exept 15 west of me which is out in the sticks anyways. I wouldn't expect service out there.

9. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

I'm in Schaumburg and work in the northwest suburbs, coverage is decent. There are few spots without 3G coverage.

But so far, I can keep a call from home all the way to work without dropping.

After the 2.2.1 firmware things improved a lot.