illuminated keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by footballforever, Jul 24, 2009.

1. footballforever macrumors member

I'm still new to my mac, I used lab tic or what ever it's called for my Macbook pro, didn't like it because when I used that app to turn it off my keyboard lights flicker for no reason. So I removed that app.

My question is, I thought the keyboard only lite up in low conditions, it seems that mine stays on no matter what, is there something I'm not setting correctly.

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How did you remove the application?

Did you use something like AppCleaner or AppZapper?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Did you restart?

Did you reset the SMC? - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

Did you repair permissions?
    [​IMG]

3. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

It turns off for me if it's really bright. But you can always turn it off by dimming the light down. On mine that's the F5 key to dim it down and the F6 key to make it brighter... Might be a different key for you though, not sure if it's the same keyboard layout everywhere in the world.

Fabian

4. footballforever thread starter macrumors member

didn't use app cleaner, I removed it to the trash just like I should, thats how I was taught. There's nothing wrong with the keyboard it's just when I have light on it it's still on.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about the other steps I asked about?

As there is no documentation available for Lab Tick, I don't know if it could leave some files behind, as it is some kind of hack anyway.

6. footballforever thread starter macrumors member

never mind, the keyboard light is going off, I'm at work and it's much brighter then my apartment and the light is off. Cool