illumine theme and 4.0jb

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TechBoy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. TechBoy macrumors newbie

I have 3 questions iphone 3gs old boot room
    1.How do u change icon apps on illuminate theme i know the website where u can get different icon people put up but how do u out the on iphone

2.How do i save my 3.1.3 backup i just save my shsh but if i need a restore back to 3.1.3 btw i didnt jailbreak it i paid some body to do since i broke my last one

3.How long has your jailbroken iphone last with winterboard i heard i shorten ur phone life

plz any help is welcome:)

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

To change icons in the Illuminated theme you need to use OpenSSH on the iphone available on Cydia and a compatible desktop Package like Cyberduck on the Mac that allows you to download and upload files on the iphone. If you don’t know how to do this there are tutorials out there.

The Themes are stored in /private/var/stash/themes. Create a directory on the desktop called icons and put the icons you want to use in there. Use Cyberduck to upload the icon directory to the Illuminated directory under /private/var/stash/themes.

You can no longer save 3.1.3 shsh and hence you cannot restore to that version of firmware.

Winterboard does not shorten your iphone life. It might affect performance and it might affect battery life but not life of the phone.

3. TechBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh

when i first went on cydia i click the make it mine or make my life easier for got which one , so i might need to remove winterboard becuz i heard about how winterboard and some system things sometimes make you restore and if i have to restore i would be lock out since i can restore to an older version

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

This makes no sense to me. Storing SHSH's via make my life easier will have no effect on winterboard.

5. TechBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh

i have a itunes updated 3.1.3 and i heard sometimes winterboard mess up nd make u restore but i cant restore to my 3.1.3 becuz i think my blobs are not saved so i might just remove winterboard from my iphone becuz i just want to be safe, btw when i got my first iphone 6m ago mess it up and i didn't save my blobs so i couldn't restore back to my original version and have just unlock it again i had to wait 6 months lol i was lovin winterboard lol

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

It all depends on when you did the "make my life easier" if you did it before the 21st June then you have your SHSH for 3.1.3 on Cydia. If you did it after 21st June you probably saved your shsh for IOS4. There are two ways to find out if you have your SHSH saved. When you launch the Cydia app it shows you which SHSH you have saved. All is not lost if it does not display there because it is not always up to date. If you run version 4.01.01 of Tiny Umbrella select the "advance" option, then select "iphone 3Gs 3.1.3" as the Device/Version and select Cydia as the "Request from" and select Save SHSH. You will get a report back from CYDIA which will either tell you it already has your SHSH or a message saying that it is too late.
    You can then repeat the same process "Selecting Iphone 3Gs 4.0" Again this will tell you if Cydia has your 4.0 SHSH blobs. N.B. These are just enquiries that will tell you what Cydia has, it is way too late to save either of these SHSH today. However, while you are about it you might want to save your 4.0.1 Shsh.

7. TechBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

it says on the top when i open cydia up "This device has a pending TSS request. i dont know what that means tho

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

it means they probably have your SHSH for at least one version of FW. Run Tiny umbrella like I said above and you will get the answer you need.

9. TechBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Look here

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

You should also get familiar with Iclarified which has multiple tutorials on Iphone.