Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
For some reason, when I try to export my Illustrator work as a PNG it cuts a little bit of my image on the left side. I figured using the artboard would be the guide for where to crop but it didn't work. What is the easiest way to have this cropped to my liking?

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
For some reason, when I try to export my Illustrator work as a PNG it cuts a little bit of my image on the left side. I figured using the artboard would be the guide for where to crop but it didn't work. What is the easiest way to have this cropped to my liking?

To make sure Illustrator uses the artboard as the crop area, deselect everything and go to Object-->Crop Area-->Make. We had this issue on some PDFs we edited in Illustrator CS, and this appears to make it work.

Otherwise, you can draw a box to the crop area you desire (no stroke or fill) and use the same step as above to make the crop area, this time with the box selected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.