Illustrator CS3 - Stretching Anchor Points

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by a456, Aug 7, 2008.

1. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

I used to be able to type a letter, create outlines and then pull it about by its anchor points, which would stretch it this way and that just using the plain pointer arrow. This no longer happens. Similarly when I create a rectangle or any other shape if I want to change its dimensions I have to select free transform tool - this didn't used to be the case either. One of the recent updates seems to have changed this functionality - please, how do I change it back to how it was?

2. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Works fine here on 13.0.2 - which is the latest version as far as I can see.

Try resetting your preferences - hold Command-Option-Shift while launching Illustrator. If that doesn't work, simply navigate to Users/[you]/Library/Preferences/ and find the Illustrator prefs to throw away (or at least rename it if you want to play safe).

If all that fails then it sounds like your installation has been grorked and you may have to scrub and reinstall.

3. a456 thread starter macrumors 6502a

a456

Thanks for the advice MacsAttack. Not sure why this stopped working, but it has taught me how to use the direct selection tool, which does the job. Can't for the life of me find which preference was unselected to not let me use the ordinary pointer in the way I used to but heh the long cut has got shorter and I've learnt some new stuff.:)

4. karabin macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and resetting preferences helped. Thanks.