Illustrator CS4: Multiple Pasteboards?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Jan 27, 2009.

1. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I was playing with CS4 at the Apple Store the other day and noticed the multiple pasteboards feature. Can someone give me a brief overview of the point of it?

In my work I design new logos on an almost-weekly basis, then use them intensively for several months. If I was using CS4, could I have the 4C, 3C and grayscale versions all in the same file and, for example, only place the one I need in ID when the time comes to use one in an ad?

If not, what do you use the feature for?

2. polar-blair macrumors regular

Im not sure if you can have the different colour types in separate pasteboards, never thought of doing that, But I find them extremely helpful.

Say Im designing a flyer for example and I need some art work for it but each graphic has different dimensions this is when I would use the different art boards you can set up each art board to the required size and then once your finished all the art work export each of art boards as separate files JPEG, PNG ect... Doing this you keep a group of related pieces in one file rather than having loads of Ai files.

Also I did a DVD cover, Book Jacket box set thing for collage and using art boards helped, I was able to keep all the different parts of the packaging in one file then arrange them on the art boards ready for print.