Illustrator CS6 Crashing on 10.8.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by foomex, Mar 18, 2015.

1. foomex macrumors newbie

Started having this problem two weeks ago. Illustrator crashes while using it.
    I think it's been happening randomly when I save files.

It just crashes and then I'm unable to open it again (doesn't even get to the Splash screen), it just says "Adobe Illustrator Quitted Unexpectedly"

I need to restart the computer to get it to work, which is not a lot of hassle, but it wasting my time in the office, plus, it just shouldn't be acting this way.

Any help? Here's the log, which I can't read at all.

I already reinstalled. Need other options.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

If nothing else, install the 16.0.5 update. https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5776
    I'd install the other updates found by checking for updates within the application too.

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

OP, you didn't offer where you're saving your files - locally or on a network?

Illustrator/PS in CS5/6 had problems with server connections via AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) - I had that issue with Illy CS6 and switched my network connections to SMB (Server Network Block) protocol and the connection issues vanished.

FWIW, Apple switched from AFP to SMB2 in 10.9 and I didn't have to worry about AFP anymore, ever again, for the rest of my life, period. :D

If your connecting to a server, check your type of connections - if you don't "see" a connection type in 10.8.x, then it's likely AFP. If you were connecting to a Time Capsule, use Airport Utility to determine the IP address of the TC (something like 192.168.1.62), then use the Finder's Go>Connect to Server... Command, then type "smb://192.168.1.62" (without the quotes), and you'll see a symbolic link (a folder) on your Mac (and in a Finder Window's Sidebar, if you have Connected Servers turned on in Finder Preferences).

You'll then use that symbolic link (folder) to access/save your files. Any like server should be accessed the same way. Illy CS5/6 was a picky beast - when I updated our Macs to 10.9 so many networking issues with Adobe SW went away.