Illustrator help

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by khamla, May 31, 2011.

1. khamla macrumors member

Not sure what to call this in the subject line, but i've never seen anything like this before. I did not build this logo, but I am trying to do a simple one color version of it. I was able to make a black version of it easy seen attached. However, when i tried to do a white version. The Marley on top disappeared, see attached.

What is that and how can it be fixed? Also when i did a hi res pdf of it in black. I can tell the blacks were in different color even though it was at 100% K. So something funky is going on with that.

I checked the attributes over print and i saw nothing.

Any thoughts or help?

Attached Files:

• Blk.png
      Blk.png
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
    • wte.png
      wte.png
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
  2. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

• It could be a compound path, which sometimes creates problems when filling. If so, try releasing it (from the Object menu
    • The black could be set to overprint, which would give unexpected results when changed to white
    • It could be something else

3. Zoreke macrumors member

Type is set to multiply on the transparency dialog box, if you multiply white it dissapears...

Select the type and set the blending mode to normal...
    :D

4. khamla thread starter macrumors member

You know what...i thought you were joking when you said that, i was thinking that can't be it. Why would someone set it on multiply and then i checked and you were right!! OMG!!

5. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Probably because they didn't know how to correctly set an overprint, since the net result in this case is the same.

Cheers

Jim

6. Zoreke macrumors member

No problem, that's a classic mistake! :D
    :D