Illustrator tries to mount non-existant server

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Vandal., Aug 21, 2013.

1. Vandal. macrumors member

Vandal.

Hey guys,

every time Illustrator CS6 is running I constantly get pop ups telling me that "there was a problem connecting to the server "xyz"", meaning there is some process trying to mount said server. I had it mounted at an earlier time, but can't access it from my home network. This obviously would occur when trying to save the file I'm working on on that server and if CS6 would auto-save but both is not the case.

Does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

Thank a lot,
    V

2. bigus7674 macrumors member

RE: attempted server connection

Does this happen ONLY when running Illustrator CS6 and not any other time? If so, something with Illustrator is associated with that server...whether it is a setting, plugin, or maybe a recently opened file.

First, determine if it happens at any other time, or just when using Illustrator CS6.

Some areas to check: from the finder, you can try going to the Go / Connect to Server and click the drop down menu on the right and select "clear recent servers" and/or find the server in the list and remove it by selecting the server name and hitting the "-" button.

You can also check your System Preferences / Users & Groups and select the "Login Items" Go through the list and see if anything looks unneeded / unusual. Select any items not needed and then select the "-" button to remove them from your startup sequence.

Third, you can check your ~/Library/LaunchDaemons folder to see if there is anything relating to the said server and remove it from the folder and restart.

Lastly, you can delete your Illustrator preferences file and restart to see if that fixes the issue.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Let me know if any of those work.