Illy questions

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by irishgrizzly, Jun 21, 2007.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Does anyone know shortcuts in Adobe Illustrator CS2 for the follow two actions;

1. Placing an image.

2. Switching between open files.

if people know any other nice shortcuts please post!

oh, yeah when I'm thinking about it, is there an easier way to import paths from photoshop apart from exporting them as an ill doc and then opening it separately and scaling to fit the image?!

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If dragging doesn't do what you like, there is always Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts... to assign something to the full Place dialog.

Most Mac apps (including AI) let you press apple-` (key just below esc) to switch between docs.

You can copy and paste paths, layers, most other things between PS and AI to avoid the save-and-open drudgery. Drag works too (between docs, rather than programs), but that's only fun if you have a roomy display.

3. irishgrizzly thread starter macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

4. banjomamo macrumors regular

I hated not having the place as a key command too so i changed it to Command D like it is in Indesign.

5. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

When using the Type tool if you want to scroll around the document, press the Option key then the Spacebar then release the Option key. Saves you leaving the type tool just to scroll the doc.