iLocalis, anyone get this working?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gianthobbit, Aug 22, 2010.

1. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

So I use iLocalis to track my iPhone, seems to work fine. However I can not get it to work for my iPad. I downloaded the iLocalis iPhone version and just upped sized it, didn't see a dedicated version for the Ipad.

I have my settings set to check in once every 15 minutes (will later move to 2 hours once it starts working) and to grab my location only on request (via the web page). Been all day and not once has it phoned home to give in my location...

Anyone get it working?

2. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

If no one has any suggestion on how to get this particular app working could anyone suggest a better way to track your iPad. I am super worried about it getting stolen and thus never bring it anywhere.

3. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Legolover64 macrumors regular

If you know how to write code, you could write a MobileSubstrate extension that does the following:

Every hour, log current location (with the Apple location services), WiFi SSIDs, battery status, date and time and then email it to an address you own. Then, simply look at the email for that address if the iPad ever goes missing.

If you don't know how to write code, I don't know what to tell you. What were you thinking?