iLock upgrade has locked my phone down

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Astin, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Astin macrumors regular

I have been using iLock for a while now,

New update released tonight, downloaded it, respringed after install,

Now I can't "slide to unlock" to bring up the iLock UI to slide my password.

Anybody know how I can get in to my phone or to disable iLock without being able to get past the lockscreen?

2. derek420 macrumors member

What if you tried SSHing in and deleting iLock's files? Then reboot, might do the trick.

3. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Just the type of feedback I was looking to receive before I pulled the trigger and upgraded iLock to 1.3 myself. Hope you get it sorted out, let us know how you fix it.

Anyone else experiencing any issues with the new upgrade?

4. Astin thread starter macrumors regular

So I was forced to restore and upgrade to 4.1 and re-jailbreak my phone, but I found out the problem

I was running a custom "theme" for my iLock, and it seems that the program didn't like that I was using my own theme, so it wouldn't display my slide UI when I swiped "slide to unlock".

As long as you're running the default, or one of the default themes provided by iLock, you'll be fine.

If you're running a custom one, change the theme back to default before you upgrade.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This is why it's helpful to have SSH installed. With SSH you could have logged in, used dpkg to remove the offending package and you would have been good to go.

6. Astin thread starter macrumors regular

True, but I've been meaning to update to 4.1 since greenpois0n came out. I just didn't want to do it at 1 in the morning :(

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Don't know if this would've helped but but I have Activator installed on my phone, and for the lockscreen, I have "Tap and hold on the status bar" to unlock device. It's just another way to unlock instead of using the slide to unlock since I'm hiding the "slide to unlock" bar on my lockscreen. Wanted to make sure I had another method just in case...

8. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I actually did something similar to this as well since I hide my slider bar. I double click the lock icon on the lock screen to unlock. I've actually had to use it a few time when lockinfo has been silly.

9. Kelbidrome macrumors newbie

I actually had the same problem but didnt need to reformat and such. I just rebooted the phone holding the power button and upon launch I was able to slide to unlock and disable Ilock.

10. chargerfan macrumors member

All I had to do at the lockscreen was press sleep and press sleep again to take the phone out of sleep and it was fine.

11. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Took the plunge and upgraded to iLock 1.3. From a fresh reboot or respring, iLock doesn't load right now as I can see the stock numeric lockscreen. If I try to slide to unlock and try in the numbers, the slide to unlock window comes back up again and I'm unable to unlock my phone.

However, if I press sleep then sleep again, iLock loads and I'm able to slide to unlock and use the pattern unlock to get in.

Frustrating bug.

12. Astin thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah.. I just moved to AndroidLock XT, they fixed the issue with biteSMS quick compose/reply getting past the lock, and I haven't experienced any issues with 4.1 jailbreak yet.