iLoome Flex

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPad Retina, Jan 3, 2014.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi, I'm planing to get the iLoome Flex for the iPhone 5/5S my questions are:

. Can you do the taco method since it's glass

. Are the dust removal stickers used when dust is on the screen after installing since it glass

. Does it work with the Speck Candyshell and Mophie helium

. Is it hard to install and is there any problems with you iLoome Flex

Thanks

2. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Yes you can do the taco method, however I recommend the hinge method because the earpiece and home button cutout are very precise.

The dust removal stickers are used to remove dust from your screen before installing the flex.

Yes it does work with the candyshell and the mophie helium.

It's not hard to install as long as you use the hinge method to get it precise and you keep things dust free.

3. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

4. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Is the flexible glass screen protector from iloome a one shot thing or can you use the dust removel sticker for after the install

5. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Is the flex glass as durable as the 9h tempered glass for impact absorbent? Like if I have the flex glass installed and I accidently drop the phone face down on it's face, will the flex screen protector crack and save my normal iPhone screen from cracking just like the 9h premium tempered glass will?

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I bought the iLoome Flex a few weeks ago for my 5s. What I realize is that I should have followed the instructions from youtube. Someone mention that you should install it in the bathroom with the hot water running to create steam which reduces dust. After two tries to install it, I decided to install it in the bathroom. It worked. I used the stickers to remove the dust and also some scotch tape. This was my first time in a long time with installing a screen protector.

@RafixPhoenix I didn't go with the 9H because I wasn't sure if it would fit my case. But the Flex is a little thicker than those screen shields that come with most cases. I think mine cracked a little bit because I had bent it on the edges.

7. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

No it's not a one shot, I've used scotch tarp to lift it back up to remove dust.

----------

I imagine it would provide some protection but probably not as much as thicker glass protectors, however what you give up on thickness you gain a protector that is almost invisible!

----------

It also helps using a can of compressed air.

8. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

10. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Emailed iLoome they said it's mostly a one shot application

11. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Despite what they say, when I installed mine I had some dust in the upper corner. I used scotch tape in the corner, lifted it up and used the dust remover sticker to clean it out. I will say this it didn't lift as easy as a regular plastic protector (the adhesive seems slightly stronger) but it did.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I had the same thing happen to me.. only because I didn't do the shower method which decreases the amount of dust in the air. If you apply it in a room that doesn't have a lot of dust circulating then you will have a one and down type application.

13. schizbomb macrumors 6502

I've ordered two iLoome Flex now (they don't have an exchange procedure btw) and both times I applied the screen protector and it fell off hours later. The adhesive was light and it did not stick the phone.

After being instructed I needed to do a refund and re-buy I got a second one with the exact same issue. Looks like they have production problems or I expected too much from this product.

14. riam macrumors regular

I just installed my iloome flex, using the hinge method and in the bathroom with steam, it was an easy install, and it looks great, i think it is a great screen protector because it is very hard to detect it after install.

15. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Is it harder to detect than a normal plastic screen protector?

16. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Yes, I've used many screen protectors and this is the most difficult to see on the phone. The cutouts are that close.

17. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

same here. I had someone tell me that I should get an Otterbox case to protect the front screen. I laughed.

18. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

A guy at my work said the same.... I laughed as well. Lol

19. riam macrumors regular

yep, the phone looks amazing, it is really hard to detect, my brother uses a regular iloome, and it has a great feel but it is obvious that there is a protector installed, after he saw my iloome flex, he immediately ordered the iloome flex to change it.

20. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Unless you have to have a flexible protector I would go with a different model, I wasn't very impressed with it's quality.

21. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I will say that the thicker tempered glass protectors do give a smoother feel but I love the almost invisible look of the flex.