Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

remigi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Hi All

I thought I would go ahead and warn everyone on here before they purchase their iloome screen protectors and go through the same trouble that I have.

The iloome glass screen protector is fantastic, it looks great on the black and feels amazing; however, there are some things you need to know

1) It is not curved as stated. The glass is actually flat all the way to the edge but what iloome have done is essentially made a flat piece of glass with a 90 edge and a support beam that rests at the bottom of the curve and holds up the glass over the edge. (essentially like this |-----|), but the ---- are higher)

2) Most importantly, it does NOT fit together with the Apple Leather cases. The screen protector comes out to far to the edges and every time you put the Apple leather case back on it lifts up the glass off the screen. I ended up removing and reapplying the screen protector about 5 times to make sure it was perfectly center, but every way I try it lifts off again. Even after waiting 2 hours for it to set and then putting it back in the case - same result. Sadly I will be returning the screen protector for a full refund as I cannot use it. In addition I have now ruined my Apple Leather case with my fingernails from trying to get it on and off :(

3) It blocks out some of the screen due to the black border around the edge.

As mentioned the product, feels fantastic, looks fantastic on black; however, it just doesn't work for me with the Apple case.

Hope this helps everyone :)

Remi

remigi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Another person just posted that it does work with the leather case

Ive noticed this; however, there are still quite a few others that are posting problems with the case lifting up the glass.

mike4realz

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
Earth
Already shipped mine back for full refund. It does lift off the edges when u try to put a case on it. And I agree on #3

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Can you post some pictures? I'm having trouble visualizing what you posted

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Another person just posted that it does work with the leather case

I think it's 50/50, based on how lucky you are with the application and theirs likely to be some variation with the Apple cases with how tight they fit.

Iphonedai

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2014
Also watchout - the glass type protector are strong and great, but if you ever drop your phone (happened to my buddy), it causes extra stress on portion of screen that it does not cover (corners). His screen cracked everywhere except the glass covered portion lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.