iLuv Edge "Bumper" Style Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cynikal.Mindset, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

Just got this in today in preparation for the Canadian iPhone 4 Launch (whenever that will be).

Got it from TigerDirect for $18.99CAD

Contents include
    • The "case"
    • front and rear "crystal clear" type protectors

All the images of the renders show it to be more like an Apple bumper being made of a plastic and the description makes it sound like its trimmed with silicone but in all reality the whole thing is silicone! its not that sticky silicone either, its the harder, smoother stuff so I don't really foresee pocket sticking issues. it appears to have a raised lip to keep either side of the phone elevated from table tops etc.

Some differences from the renders are the volume controls are covered up with silicone and corresponding raised areas for the up/down volume control.

The protectors look like your standard fare crystal clear units with the appropriate cut outs for speaker, front face camera, rear camera and flash.

that about sums it up, I cant test fit since I don't yet have an iPhone 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. herdinoh macrumors regular

thank you for sharing. but I am not impressed by the bumper.

3. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

What gives the apple bumper an edge on this is the metal volume buttons. Designwise it makes a big difference I still won't buy apples bumper though.

4. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

hahaha holy crap.. that thing is hilarious..

i hope they sell a special case for that big ol' thing.. my friends would mock me if i pulled that thing out..

5. Cynikal.Mindset thread starter macrumors 6502a

the metal buttons along with the solid plastic "backbone" of the apple bumper really set it apart from the other stuff out now.

6. jargon51 macrumors 6502

7. Cynikal.Mindset thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll admit, the renders looked 100times nicer than the actual product...kinda sucks but this is just a fill-in case until the vapor4 gets to my house

8. jargon51 macrumors 6502

I hear ya, I am using a terd case until my switcheasy gets here and then I'm only using that until incase comes with something.