Im A Dummy + Battery Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chibears87, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Chibears87 macrumors newbie

First let me start by saying whats up, Im new here but from what Ive seen this forum seems like the best for iPhone info....

Now Ive been having a battery issue with my iphone 4, Ive been thinking that its draining way too quickly so I did a test today...

I charged my iPhone too a 100% then turned on 3G and wifi off and made a call...I made it a point to talk for 30mins and see where my battery would end up...Well after exactly 30mins I was down to 95% battery, But then I had another friend call and put my first call on hold and talked to them for 5 minutes and then clicked back over to my first and talked for 2 more minutes...

End Result 92% from 100% after a 42 minute phone call......

Now Im at 86% with Usage=1hr, 11,mins....Standby=1hr 20mins

Now too why Im a dummy part....Im jailbroken and before I jailbroke I never backed up my original on itunes ONLY AFTER I jailbroke (Stupid I know) So now I cant even restore without going up to 4.0.2.....

Ive also been thinking of taking it back to bestbuy but dont wanna restore and have an unjailbroken iphone and then have them tell me "they cant exchange or its normal" so this is why Im here asking all of you

THANK EVERYONE

2. Chibears87 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Your useage seems normal, stop worrying

/thread

4. Chibears87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont mean too but then I see people in the battery thread getting two days out of their iPhone and it blows my mind:confused:

5. teezee09 macrumors member

Standby matters a bit less than usage. I was getting 2 days of standby out of my phone when I first got it, so I was a bit concerned when a couple of weeks ago I was only getting 24 hours and back to charging it every night. But the usage has been pretty consistent - about 6 hours. Back when I was getting 48 hours from my battery, I made virtually no calls: maybe 15-30 minutes top talk time. You're overthinking it. Don't worry and just use your phone.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Everything sounds normal to me. If you're getting 6-7 hours of mixed usage, you're good to go. I think you're over-thinking it. Don't worry, I've been there. :eek:

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

8. trevorplease macrumors regular

How does one get 6-7 hours of usage yet still have a day and a half stand by like in the other thread "Post your battery stats"????

9. Anonymo14 macrumors newbie

I get 6-7h usage and two and a halv day, up to three days of standby.

10. trevorplease macrumors regular

11. adztaylor macrumors 68000

7 hours of usage sounds about right to me... I roughly get that. Perhaps just over. Also depends what that "usage" consists of. I'm always playing games, web browsing, texting, apps like eBay and movies, Twitter etc...

12. mBox macrumors 68020

Im not JB and I too want to know how others do it?
    I dont have Wifi on, brightness almost dimm and no use of other apps.
    The phone has to be charged every night and it shows 50% by mid afternoon.
    And this is no calls just basic texting and checking emails.
    Its a new iPhone 4 only 2 weeks old.
    I got it cause my old 3G was dying at mid afternoon as well.
    With the proximity issue, cumbersome texting (never had this with old 3G) and dead signal here and there, makes me wonder why I bothered to upgrade.

13. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

If you look at iPhone 4 specs concerning battery life, you're right on par. I think you're over-thinking it and over-analyzing. Relax.

14. trevorplease macrumors regular

but your phone lasts up to three days, like the poster couple posts above? mines doesn't last a day.
    please explain!