I'm a lucky man

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by el.jeffe58, Jun 14, 2011.

1. el.jeffe58, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Short story. Had a black 16 gb, took it in for a white 32 gb a few days later, about two months ago. The white had much less effective reception and an insidious keypad issue, than the black; it was extremely erratic and responding wildly; finally I called A-Care and they kindly over-nighted me a new white at n/c for shipping with return box for the old white. It got here today and after updating it and getting my apps in place...

it has MUCH better reception on both the 3g and wireless strength it seems so far and no erratic keyboard. They were aware of this keyboard issue; I couldn't type a darn thing without iPhone inputting the wrong character from my tapped one. I am a lucky man to get the new phone so fast and it be like the original black. But it's white and way sexy with my orange Vapor Pro on it.

I do have a question after all this; does iPhone auto-switch from wireless to 3G or E when it loses its wireless signal? Do we get charged for data if it's pulling a wireless signal? Or should you set it to 3G off, if you are pulling wireless strongly enough to maintain ur signal strength? Make sense?

2. rdmaestro, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

rdmaestro macrumors newbie

Yes, if you are connected to a WiFi network, the iPhone will use the wireless network for loading data.

It will actually switch automatically to WiFi and use it when you are connected to it.

It will not use 3G or E even if it is switched on while connected to the wireless network.

So, you won't be charged for the data. Don't worry :)

3. lexvo macrumors 65816

My wife's iPhone had exact the same problem when connected to WiFi. Apple exchanged it and the problems were over.

4. el.jeffe58 thread starter macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Lex,

The keyboard problem? Wifi only? Or are you referring to a switching issue? I am also wondering if they swap out with new or refurbed phones. I'm just askin'.