IM A PC! Well I was until the 25th of December -iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doubledecaf, Dec 27, 2009.

1. doubledecaf macrumors newbie

Hi all! I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A IMAC. I have thrown myself straight in the deep end and after adjusting my mouse to have a right click, have made a website on iWeb.

My main problem is that I have a registered domain name with 123-reg. I would love to be able to type in my domain name and have my website come up. Rather than publish it to my mobileme address - which has lots of dots in. Is there a dummies guide to doing this? Do I have to pay 123-reg to host?

I dont mind what I have to do as long as I can just type in my registered domain and whack the enter button.

LOTS OF THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

did your domain purchase also include DNS service?

3. doubledecaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it does I believe so it looks a little something like this in the 123 reg options!

Thanks for your reply!

Attached Files:

4. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Find out if 123-reg has a web forwarding or domain redirect feature. It allows you to type in your website and have it redirected to your MobileMe address. I ended up going with ZoneEdit.com to handle DNS for me instead of my domain registrar to do just that: redirect my domain to a MobileMe address.

5. ChefJayPeek macrumors regular

You have to set up a cname from 123host. There is a help page available on the mobileme website that tells you how to do it. I know cause I did it a couple of weeks ago, I just don't remember exactly what to punch in for the cname.

Chef Jay

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Welcome to the light side! :) I think these pages will help you do what you want to do with your iWeb site.

123-reg.co.uk: What is web forwarding?
    123-reg.co.uk: How do I set up web forwarding?

7. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

Congrats on joining the Mac community. The new iMac is a superb computer, and it represents the first time I've reconsidered my allegiance to the notebook lineup. :)

What's your URL for your new iWeb page? I'd love to check it out.

8. doubledecaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks for your help everyone! I'm going to try the above suggestions and get back to you. I nearly got a notebook, but it actually works out cheaper to buy an iMac and then get a little netbook aswell for travel! Hello two toys for the price of one!

Loving this new mouse aswell!

9. doubledecaf thread starter macrumors newbie

10. iMacBoy macrumors 6502