im about to buy a macbook pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zippster, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. zippster macrumors regular

    zippster

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #1
    hey all im a recent convert to mac and bought my first 13" macbook at the end july this year closely followed by a 24" imac to replace my desktop.

    im looking to change my macbook to a macbook pro but im guessing will be better waiting for a couple of weeks so i get leopard.

    stupid question i know but if i pop into my local apple on the saturday are they likely to have macbook pros with leopard ???????? or am i going to have to buy it from the website?


    Thanks in advance


    Andy..
     
  2. Kace macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2005
    Location:
    Sydney
    #2
    mate i was in a similar situation to you.
    ive got a mac pro and macbook at home and just purchased the macbook pro for myself.
    i plan on purchasing a family license a week after leopard comes out.

    so bottom line, no point waiting for leopard on MBP especially if you wanna put leopard on the rest of your computers.




     
  3. officerdick macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 4, 2006
    #3
    The apple store is down right now so i would just wait a little:)
     
  4. Kace macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2005
    Location:
    Sydney
    #4
    fair enough...

    im sure once leopard is announced you can buy without an issue. for 10 odd bucks they'll send you a copy of leopard.

    just wait an hour in any case.
     
  5. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

    zippster

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #5
    thanks all but ideally i want to pop in and pick it up, "cant wait wont wait"


    good idea about the family pack for the others ;)
     
  6. Trepex macrumors 6502a

    Trepex

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2007
    Location:
    Ottawa, Canada
    #6
    Yeah this has got to indicate the Leopard announcement... Canada Store still down as of 8am.

    And yeah Zippster, the family pack is such a great deal!
     
  7. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

    zippster

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #7
    yay all up for some money spending action for this weekend then as i can get leopard for £5.95 after release..

    now im concerned that they will realease an updated macbook pro (as these forums are specualting!)

    dam should i wait one more week or go and spank the cash this weekend?

    back to my original question wil the apple shops have stock of leopard MBP on release day (or day after?)

    Thanks
     
  8. Trepex macrumors 6502a

    Trepex

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2007
    Location:
    Ottawa, Canada
    #8
    There will absolutely not be a new MBP before the new year at best. I suggest buying now and getting Tiger. Then for next to nothing you can upgrade to Leopard, but if you have any problems you always have Tiger to revert to until 10.5.1. Seriously, you're in an awesome position right now!
     
  9. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

    zippster

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #9
    SOLD!

    good point i will (should i EVER need to) have the ability to go back to tiger as i guess the disks that came with my macbook and my imac wouldnt work on the macbook pro anyways?


    Sorted.. will call the store to reserve one for the weekend.


    Thanks
     
  10. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

    zippster

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #10
    just had a panic/thought. if i buy a MBP this weekend with tiger when i get the leopard update dvd how would i installed ilife??? also would i be missing out on any other apps that come preinstalled but not with the basic leopard OS dvd? or am i still thinking windoze style OS installs?


    not sure what to do now, do i wait again or go for it!
     
  11. Moz4 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2007
    Location:
    Wrexham, UK
    #11
    I'm also on the market for a MBP but am wondering if it's worth waiting til the new year for an update?

    I suppose if you always wait for an update you'll never get anything!?

    How much better is any update going to be?

    I currently have an iBook which was my first Mac. I bought it just as a laptop with the intention of still using my PC for most stuff, but I now find I hardly turn my PC on as the iBook does most stuff. This is why I'm wanting an upgrade to MBP which would then be my main computer.
     
  12. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

    zippster

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #12
    anyone ?

    i got some £££ in my backburner, and the milky bars are on me ;)
     
  13. MBHockey macrumors 68040

    MBHockey

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2003
    Location:
    New York
    #13
    iLife will be on the system restore discs that came with your MBP.
     

Share This Page