I'm about to buy an iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by turbotoes, Nov 24, 2010.

1. turbotoes macrumors regular

Hi all, I've lurked for awhile now as an touch user but.....

I'm about to take the plunge and buy an iphone 4, mainly because I've found my ipod touch so useful it goes every where with me and with an iphone I don't then have to carry a seperate phone (/charger bla bla) with me. With me so far?

My question is, if I turn off 3G will that avoid data useage on my phone plan? (it's limited to 200mg/month) and will I still be able to use wifi internet, mail ect when I'm at home or in wifi hotspot as I do on my touch?

Data plans here in France are silly money (for me and the amount I'd use it) so a limited plan seems a reasonable compromise to me

Thanks in advance

Tara

2. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Yeah the data plan is only for 3G/edge usage. When ur on wifi it won't matter.
    But 200 is kinda low. If u go over you'll face overage charges. U should spring for the Higher data plan. But its just my opinion. It uses the data up pretty quickly but if ur a light user u should may be survive.

You will like the phone. The only negative from thhe ipod touch is that it is slightly thicker but it's still a super thin phone. Good luck

3. turbotoes thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, I really only want to make normal phone calls with the iphone + have all the features of my ipod touch in one package, just want to make sure I avoid overuse on the data plan. Looks like turning off cellular data should do the trick :)

Tara