im about to jailbrake my iphone 3G should i enable multitasking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XxpikachuxX, Jun 29, 2010.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

i got an 16 gb iphone 13 should i enable 3g? :S or not or is there a way to disable it after installed i dont want my iphone slow but can i but the background enable and the battery?:confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its up to you.
    Its already sluggish as it is with 4.0
    If you enable it you will have to restore it again to remove it after if you dont like it.

3. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I wouldn't if I were you but go for it as you prolly will anyhow. I did it and it was real slow. I switched it back then ultimately got an iPhone 4 for the true experience. I guess worst case is try it and you can always set it back.

4. emegmac macrumors regular

I did. Mine ran very slow and shut down. I restored and went with battery % and wallpapers. It runs just as fast as 3.13. Not as fast as my wifes iphone 4.

5. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I had multitasking enabled on my 3G and it was more trouble than its worth. The 3G doesn't have enough memory to truly take advantage of it. With Pandora running in the background and trying to check email, surf the web, etc. the phone would just slow to a crawl and often reboot.

6. Timbalan macrumors newbie

Does it actually reboot or just crash back to springboard??

7. bimmeracer macrumors regular

how did you guys restore the phone without losing your info?

8. Exley macrumors newbie

After you jailbreak you can enable or disable multitasking or wallpaper by editing System/Library/CoreService/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist after doing that just reboot your phone. there's no need to restore or jailbreak all over again.

look for these entries and change them to true or false depending or what you want enabled or disabled.

<key>multitasking</key>

<true/>

<key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>

<true/>

9. Ultrakla$$ic macrumors member

What program did you use to change those command lines?:confused:

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good info.
    I didn't know it was that easy.
    All you gotta do is ssh into it.

11. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

Are you jonesing for a jailbroken phone yet? I am about to lose my mind. I have the I4 and I love it, but I need tethering! I am not about to give up my unlimited data plan for it though. Does anyone have any ideas how long it could be until we get a jailbreak?

12. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I am certain it is right around the corner! (and yes I am having JB withdrawls...)

13. yudilks macrumors regular

If you don't like it, just rerun the Redsn0w and untick the "Multitasking" and "Install Cydia" options... No restore required.. I did it since my iPhone 3G was sluggish with multitask... I miss the orientation lock and new Application change animation though.. :p

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice, thanks for the tip bro.

15. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I just added Multitasking back on with the above mentions SSH method and noticed no slower performance. Recently I was running a combo of apps mentioned here(Remove Recents, Backgrounder, iMemory Enhancer) which along with SBSettings to display/kill still running apps, my phone was stable/ crash fee. The one thing missing was the IOS4 "app switcher" and the hidden iPod controls and "rotation lock." I tried the SBSettings "Rotation" toggle but for some reason with it switched on/ off. my photos wouldn't switch from Portrait to Landscape? As I said before, so far so good. As long as I can still "close" apps when not in use, I don't see battery life/ performance being an issue? With all the issues plaguing iPhone 4 I think I'll hold on to my trusted 3G just a little while longer!

16. iphonepimp2 macrumors newbie