Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
I'm an Apple fan who is beginning to feel fear when buying Apple products...Here is my story...

A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I drove two hours to our closest Apple store and each bought a 16GB iPod touch. We got them home and couldn't watch movies on them because the way they displayed dark images (You all know the story with this) so anyways...

I call Apple and they ask us to take them back to the store to show a genius. We do and they admit they're bad. We decide to take a refund for them and try to buy somewhere a little closer to home in case this happens again. The following week I bought a new one from my local Best Buy store...I got it home and noticed that it had serveral white stuck pixels right in the middle of the screen, so I took it back and am now on my third 16GB iPod touch...My girlfriend was not so lucky...

After our 4 hour round trip back to the Apple store, she decided to go home and order another one from the online Apple store. She got her 2nd one and it also had the same negative black screen issue. She sent that one back and Apple sent her a third iPod touch. That one didn't charge...At all. The battery basically didn't work in it, so she sent it back and is now on her FOURTH iPod touch...That's right, her fourth. All we want is to spend $400 on a piece of electronics that is supposed to work as advertised!! We don't care if it does email, we don't care if you can add calendar events (although the fact that you can't is just....stupid)

We just want the products that we're promised when we're handing them our money over and over again...

Next issue: I just bought a new 24" aluminum iMac...It has a big black peice of dirt behind the glass...stuck behind the glass, starring out at me every time I use it....Here we go again...

I'm almost done with this crap...I hear Microsoft has got a Zune that looks pretty interesting. (Just kidding.)

Anyone else having these issues? What in the world is going on here? Maybe it's only because we expect so much from Apple. I don't know.

Altes05

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
Yup happened to me I bought my first one, negative black and stuck pixels. Went to best buy to open 2 more both had stuck pixels but I took the last one since the pixel wasn't TOO obvious =\ I bet you if I opened every touch in the store there'd only be 1 perfect one x_X' Apple really needs better QC

JWest

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
As an Apple fan myself, it's sad to see Apple letting these products slip passed QC. It started with the hot macbook pros, now a lot of there products are losing reliability. I hope they change soon, as I'm planning on getting a macbook pro next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.