I'm amazed Apple didn't catch this yet...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by motorazr, Feb 8, 2012.

1. motorazr macrumors 6502

motorazr

The Frozen Waste...wait. Duluth, Minnesota.
    I don't know if this is the right forum to post random things regarding apple (looked promising by the topics in it...)

Anyway, it seems apple missed something on their battery page!

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

The last section, titled "Optimal Setting", details the energy saver panel!
    "The Energy Saver control panel offers several settings that determine power levels for your PowerBook." -- I wonder how that slipped by for so long.. ? Or am I silly and it should be there? Looks like it's the last reference to a powerbook on the page minus the support link...

2. simsaladimbamba

It even shows a screenshot of 10.4 System Preferences. You could write Apple via www.apple.com/feedback and make them aware of it.

3. motorazr thread starter macrumors 6502

motorazr

I suppose that would be the responsible thing to do; although I will say it will be a sort of sad goodbye to the powerbook all over again... :(

I do miss that little 12"; thank goodness the 11" Air came out :)!

4. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

I guess they changed it! I don't see PowerBook on the page anymore. :(

5. simsaladimbamba

Yepp, now it says "MacBook", guess Apple doesn't know, that the MacBook has been discontinued outside the US education sector. Maybe someone should report that.

6. motorazr thread starter macrumors 6502

motorazr

They did change it! I feel accomplished at this point ... that typo had to have been sitting there a good while.

7. simsaladimbamba

And now even the MacBook has been EOLed.

8. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

they not give you a free ipod shuffle? tight buggers lol

9. motorazr thread starter macrumors 6502

motorazr

No free stuff. I wouldn't expect it.. but I was secretly hoping for a thank-you email since they've obviously overlooked that for years :(

10. Canaan macrumors member

I'll bet they chose to say Macbook as it can be taken ambiguously as either Macbook Pro, Macbook air, or Macbook (considering people do still use them).

11. malman89 macrumors 68000

A few weeks ago I went into the Chicago Apple Store to get an issue with my MacBook (2,1) looked at and told it was "vintage" in 2 months. According to the Genius, the Apple Store won't even be able to service the model supposedly.

Glad to know my ancient relic is still chugging along (although been a little bit of a struggle lately). Hoping for another 6-12 months.

12. simsaladimbamba

Not be able to service? That is strange, as the Apple Authorised Repair Shops I have gone to can still service PPC Macs, but maybe they (the shop you were at) don't have the correct parts anymore and now can't service it in store and have to send it away?

13. malman89, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

malman89 macrumors 68000

It was very odd, but came off like an honest and straight forward response. I think he said it wouldn't be able to connect to their Genius Server tools, which to me doesn't make sense since they just connect via ethernet, but perhaps it's more than that. And I'm assuming parts are at a premium/rarity given the age of my laptop.

14. danahn17 macrumors 6502

That is odd. I don't know if it will help or not, but is there another Apple store near you? I once had an issue with my computer that the Apple Store said they couldn't fix. I went a day later to an alternate store and they fixed it. :confused: