I'm amazed by Remote Desktop 3

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I got to play around with Apple Remote Desktop 3 today and it's one of the most incredible apps I've used in a while, seriously.

This may be old news to IT admins among you but the whole ability to observe, control, close, upgrade, monitor and generally act however you wanted with countless other computers was amazing. Over a not too fast network link you can see what a user is doing, control it, show them a process and so on....

Unbelievable. :)

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
agreed, now whenever i am at home and my younger siblings BEG me to go online with my powerbook, i can watch them and lock them out of the computer whenever i feel like it! HAH!

thank you apple :)

eatrains

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
ipacmm said:
Apple Remote Desktop is great software and can do a lot...but I think Apple should include it with all Mac's or lower the price since windows xp pro users get it for free...
XP Pro only lets you take control of one computer and doesn't include all of the management features that ARD does.

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
ipacmm said:
I think Apple should include it with all Mac's or lower the price since windows xp pro users get it for free... also I want a pony. Apple is ripping us off by not including a pony.
:p

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
ipacmm said:
I think Apple should include it with all Mac's or lower the price since windows xp pro users get it for free... also I want a pony. Apple is ripping us off by not including a pony.
Yeah.. I really wanted that pony !! I called tech support and they said that a pony was not included. I was pised. I wanted to dins all over their ass.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
Coolnat2004 said:
Yeah.. I really wanted that pony !! I called tech support and they said that a pony was not included. I was pised. I wanted to dins all over their ass.
lol I like how the dins has made it's way over to this thread as well.

bartvl

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2006
Is there any way to control a mac from a windows machine without using VNC? (which is terribly slow over the internet)