IM+ and Beejive submission dates

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Phatzer, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Hello,

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked before...

I'm just wondering if anybody is aware of whether the push-capable version of IM+ was submitted for approval by Apple at the same time as Beejive, or if it was a day or two either way?

I was under the impression that they were similar, but just want to know if anybody has the specifics.

Thanks again.

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Beejive, by a LONG shot. And to the OP... IM+ is in the approval process, thats all I know. Either way, I cant stand the UI on that IM client so... I wouldnt touch it with a stick!

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

BeejiveIM by far! Although, to be fair I've been having a LOT of connection problems and crashes since they released the update with PUSH included. Apparently their provided bandwidth which they don't really have.

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I didnt experience this at all. Were you using yahoo by chance? If so, that was a yahoo issue.

6. MaroW macrumors member

i always read beejive is so much better... but never an explanation what exactly makes it better... and beejive doesnt have skype... hm...

7. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Then you haven't been reading. Look through the App forum and likely, on ANY page, you'll find at least one thread of praises for Beejive.

http://tinyurl.com/nf7wwd

8. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Its the user interface, reliability, and oh did I say user interface? Everything is so much easier to do in the app and you dont have to fish for things.

3.0 beejive has a new UI, which I am digging even more so than the previous one!

9. MaroW macrumors member

yes... like i said... praises everywhere... but what are the differences? if an answer to that is so easy to find why didnt you link it directly?

10. MaroW macrumors member

hm... ive bought both... and i cant really make out huge differences in either... maybe noones tried the latest version of im+ to compare?

11. Phatzer thread starter macrumors regular

Phatzer

Any thoughts?

12. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Like with any chat client, its all about the UI. IM+ UI is (to me) ugly as hell. It looks like a 5th graders crayon experiment.

13. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

I use IM+ on both my iPhone and my work-provided BlackBerry. The UI seems to work just fine for me. Easy to navigate and use.

What exactly does beejive bring to the table that IM+ doesn't have (aside from push functionality, which is coming)?

I'll certainly jump ship if there is a worthwhile feature...

14. MaroW macrumors member

seems its just about the ui and stability... which i didnt have any problems with in im+... plus im+ has skype, beejive doesnt..

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, besides a more attractive UI in general, I'm becoming fond of Metacontacts, which I'm not sure IM+ supports. If you have a friend with screennames on multiple clients, you can set up Beejive to group them under a single entry and set a priority for each service, so that when you touch their name, it will automatically message the highest-priority client that they have online.