I'm at Walmart right now and Im ****ing pissed!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SydneyJunkie, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

I was here earlier when an indian sales manager guy told me they were sold out, but check back tonight (walmart is 24/7) around 1-2am when they start unpacking shipment. So Im here I show up, indian guy is nowhere to be found, some other douche I approach says he hasnt seen anything, and if the shipment came in it would be locked up. right now theres like hundreds of boxes everywhere and employees unpacking stuff. I asked him maybe in a little bit the boxes might be opened? he says he has no idea what the hell! now Im sitting here with my thumb up my ass not knowing wether to hang around or go

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Wouldn't Apple deliver via WalMart's usual shipments would they? Wouldn't it be via Fedex or someone?

3. rudyo macrumors member

I just can't believe that the daytime sales manager isn't still there working at 2am. ;)

Did you really expect him to be there???

If you want it bad enough...wait around. I wouldn't though, an iPad purchased at Walmart is vastly inferior to one purchased from the Apple store. :D

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I would go home. If you are being as pleasant to the "douche" as you are in this post, I can't imagine that the "douche" is going to hurry up and find out what is in those boxes for you.

5. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I have worked at 4 different walmarts, in receiving. THey all have the same basic schedule. Approximately 1-2pm they begin unloading the trucks in receiving. Yes, even the apple stuff comes in on the same trucks. The distribution centers get the stuff from apple for wherever, and it all comes to walmart from walmarts distribution centers.

Back to the point. The trucks are finished being unloaded ~6-8pm. Between then and 11 pm, the pallets of goods are brought out to the sales floor, and are put on the shelves between then and 7am. Depending on the season it could be very early morning before a worker is actually free to move stuff to the shelves.

BTW OP, if you want to know if they have any iPads, go to the connection center, where the cell phones are in electronics...Look for decent sized boxes INSIDE the connection center area. "Sensitive" products like that are put inside that little area nearby the register.

6. omyard macrumors regular

7. bluush macrumors 6502

8. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

why does it matter that the manager's indian, and what was your point in noting that?

9. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Seconded. Unnecessary detail intended to inspire some ****ed up sense of together-ness. a.k.a racism.

10. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

11. bluush macrumors 6502

Also, from another thread OP said:

Would it kill you to wait a few days instead of harassing the night stockers who are trying to do their jobs? :p

12. Vizin macrumors 6502a

Sounds like the "douche" you talked to that evening was as helpful as possible and told you as much as he knew. Granted that wasn't much, but how the hell do you expect a random employee to know the exact contents of an unopened box, especially when he clearly doesn't handle incoming shipments?

Unless you think he was lying? Why would he do that do you think?

13. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

I hate people like you. He was describing the person, not insulting his race.

14. goMac macrumors 603

Not sure how that's important...

15. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

The OP just shows the kind of superiority complex that many consumers have. Everything is always about themselves and never about all of the hundreds or thousands of people involved to get your shiny new product into your hands. It is quite depressing.

The middle men (store employees) are always treated the 2nd worst (1st being the people working in assembly lines). The consumer doesn't have any respect and treats them like they have no life just because they work in retail.

In this story, every employee talked to sounded like they were giving all the information they had. A big store like walmart is a huge complex machine that relies on a large network of workers to get everything in place. If you don't like the way it is run then don't shop there, but you will get the same experience everywhere but the smallest of stores.

16. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Here`s a thought OP:

Google "Japan Tsunami" and get some *********g perspective.

17. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

This.

18. 1969cj5 macrumors member

19. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I was thinking the same thing?

20. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

awww.. poor little baby can't get an iPad 2 when he wants it.... boo hoo, want some cheese with that wine?

seriously, a lot of people get infatuated with the WRONG things in life!

21. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

Why does it matter that he did? Everyone responding to this are just creating the context of racism.

It's just an adjective that likely accurately describes the sales manager. If I would get a penny for every unnecessary word people use when narrating, I'd be richer than Apple.

22. bmms8 macrumors 68020

though i partially agree with you, he definitely didnt throw it out there that "hes indian" for no reason.

i am indian myself and i didnt jump on the guy like the others might have, i feel that him going back to walmart at 2 am to pick up an ipad just shows you how competent the OP is. that and he wanted them to open up boxes?

it actually makes me laugh.

23. sanford, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

sanford macrumors 65816

Bwahahahaha.

I think if I were upgrading to an iPad 2 I'd be slouching down to the Apple Store on a Tuesday afternoon. In June.

I have to agree about the Indian thing, though. It's irrelevant to the post so it must be intentional. It's silly not to say "Indian" if I'm pointing across the store and trying to differentiate for someone between a black guy, a white guy and an Indian guy. But in this case "the guy I talked to before" is descriptive, not "Indian."

But of course everyone knows Indians are so totally incompetent they can't even unpack a shipment of iPads so that explains the whole problem with this guy getting an iPad at two in the morning at a freaking Walmart. Don't people sleep? (Please note: sarcasm as to ethnicity fully intended.)

24. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Can we stop using this as a justification to run people down? People can't stop their lives for this, just like we couldn't for Katrina or 9/11. It doesn't mean yiou don't care, but sitting watching news coverage 24/7 isn't making you a better person either.

25. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Fine ill quit my day job :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.