I'm back!! =D

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Jul 27, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I went to the apple store and picked up the 2.8ghz mac pro, 23" Apple Cinema display (no dead/stuck pixels, no pink hue, perfect!!), apple care, harman kardon sound sticks II and everyone gleaming at me in the crowded ass mall and apple store of jealousy and I'm back!

I dont know WHY I gave this up in the first place damnit!! Screw Nehalem, I'm set for 4-5 years now!! I'm done~ :p:p:p:p

2. aosman macrumors 6502

3. dimme macrumors 65816

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Countdown to return of this Mac Pro and replacement with MacBook Pro begins now...

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

"i heard that 1% of Mac Pros are defective, i'm really worried!!!!!!!!"

6. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Hehe, joke all ya'll want I'm just a happy camper, especially coming from an emachines with a celeron processor at 500mhz in the past 4 days!!

Now I'm trying to decide which hard drive as my main os. Curious if the western digital 640 is the good choice?

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

Look at this thread for the WD6400AAKS. :)
    It's mentioned in other threads too. ;)

8. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Nooooooo!

Does this mean we have to put up with this on Ars too? :eek:

9. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Nope! Just here, lol.

10. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Wow the wd 640 is pretty cheap.. I read on newegg.com from some posters where they say that this hdd is 50/50 in the reliability or doa department.. any truth to this?

Do you know its mtbf?

11. m1stake macrumors 68000

Even if it is, just return it and get another one.

12. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

cough cough cough... COUGH!!!!!! :eek:

Sorry.... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :D

Enjoy. I love mine to death. Aside from maybe a more powerful video card down the road, I am set for a long time.

13. m1stake macrumors 68000

For the first time in a long time you've reminded me that my computer still destroys others in terms of RAW PERFORMANCE(!!!). It still works for the moment, so I don't have a problem with waiting for Nehalem. But I hope you enjoy your computer because it's not slow now and it won't be slow then either. :)

14. big dainjerus macrumors regular

Mine came DOA. Well, I don't know what DOA is considered, but it made a lot of noises and I ran the hardware check after a few days and it gave me an error which, I then called up OWC and they ran the code and said it was a defective drive. When I sent it back they said it failed "case testing", which I have no idea what that is. They sent me a new one upon them getting the bum drive I sent back which I am using with no problems now. Still took a good week and a half out of my life though at least.

15. nanofrog macrumors G4

Looking at NewEgg, 80% give 5 stars, of a sample size of 464 reviews. Overall, people seem very happy. :)
    If you do get a bad one, as m1stake said, exchange it. :eek:

Full drive specs can be found here. MTBF is on 2nd page, listed as Error rate (non-recoverable) <1 in 10^15 bits read. Not bad. :eek: ;)