I'm beginning to think I was blessed by not getting mine today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doctorsti, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Doctorsti macrumors regular

I have been searching all over and the so far I see about 80% negative and 20% positive about iphone4. I was just on the phone with a CSR and they asked if I wanted to cancel since mine didn't come today. I thought about it really hard and just said, "if it doesn't come by Saturday, I'm canceling"

After reading all the reception issues and negative reviews I'm pretty sure I am going to call them tomorrow morning to cancel. I typically never buy "revision A" of something but I was just so darn excited to finally get an iphone since my wife has now had hers for nearly 1.5 years.

I was blinded by desire but see the light now.

Anyone else going to cancel their pre-order due to all this negative press (not to mention the horrendous treatment by AT&T)?

2. 0101001 macrumors 6502

If you say so have 3 none have issues.

3. alana22 macrumors regular

My phone and my three friends phones (we all went together) are all just fine. No reception/signal issues either. Don't let the initial brush of fanaticism ruin your iphone!

4. tsmithgolf2000 macrumors regular

Your crazy, it's a far better phone, don't read all the complaints from these people on this site, people will find a problem with anything if they look hard enough. Besides, ATT/Apple let you upgrade every year any ways, so with a $200 phone that you are going to use 12-18 months, that is roughly $12-$16 a month for a brand new phone that is far superior to the 3G and 3GS. Yes, your right, next years phone will work out some kinks and then I will upgrade to that one for another $200.

5. PUCCY macrumors regular

I am visiting Vegas and staying at the Mirage which close to the Forum shops at Cesares and the Fashion show mall (both have Apple stores). I planned on waking up at 5 am to be in line at 6 (the malls open at 6, store at 7). But decided not to in the last minute because I really wanted to see both the black and white before I make my decision. Walk up today around noon and then thought 'did i make a mistake?' Called the stores and they said they still accept walk ins. Got there and the walk ins were sold out.

A couple of my friends got theirs today and Im going home tomorrow. So I think I wanna see their reaction to the phones and if they are experiencing any problems. I tend to be very impatient but finally feel relief that I am waiting.

6. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Word on the street is...the one you'll get will be very ****ed up. :(

7. PUCCY macrumors regular

so anyway my point was is that I will wait until the white ones comes out and see how my friends and other people online reacts to their phones until then.

8. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

My phone has absolutely zero issues. The only reason you see so many complaints is because people just try to find stuff for the sake of complaining - and then it gets blow way out of proportion. Especially being on MR, people will make like 500 of the EXACT SAME thread so it looks like theres tons of problems but really its just the same issue repeated over and over again. I mean, why would people post if their phone was awesome? If i started a thread on here saying, "My iPhone 4 is sweet! How about yours?" then i would probably get flamed because of a stupid thread. It would be like pointing out the obvious.

But, if you are happy you cancelled your preorder then thats your decision and i really hope you dont regret it. It truly is an amazing phone. I have had no reception or screen issues. When there is a major release theres no doubt that some people will have defects. Also, think of the percentage of people on MR compared to the amount of people in total that have purchased iP4's. We here at MR only represent a small percentage of the total iP4-owning population. And we are mostly complainers here :p

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Every iPhone revision is different thus every year's model is a revision A. So if you have a "no revision A" philosophy you'll never own an iPhone.

The yellow screen issue has been solved. It was apparently never really an issue at all except they didn't stick around the factory long enough. The reception issue is easily fixed w/ a bumper or case. Cancel if you want, but it's really a nice phone. It's the Internet the 1% that hate it seem like 80% because the 99% that love it are too busy playing with it.

10. army91c macrumors 6502a

Yep, not one issue with mine. Screen is awesome, I can wrap my hand around my bezel, touch the bottom left, hold it like in the video and can't re-create the issue shown. Not one freakin problem :D

11. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Remember these wise words:

"Everything happens for a reason"

You will live very long if you embed that

12. Built macrumors 68020

Ditto. No issues here either.

13. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

What about someone that gets hit by a drunk driver?

14. Munitalp macrumors 65816

The collection of people here complaining about issues is very small compared to how many iPhones were sold and preordered. They likely sold 1 to 2 million phones and there are a few hundred people with issues concentrated on this forum.

15. phrint macrumors 6502

Hey mods - can we please combine all the "I'm glad I waited" posts into one thread? This is getting dumb.

16. Built macrumors 68020

Most of the "I'm glad I waited" threads can be consolidated into an easy equation...

"I couldn't pre-order" + "I couldn't be first on my block to have an i4" = "I'm glad I waited, suckers"...:D

17. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

+1 :D

18. Doctorsti thread starter macrumors regular

not exactly. I don't really care if I was first on my block and I was able to preorder. I am just not willing to settle for a phone that drops calls as bad or worse then it's predecessor. I don't recall reading as much bad press about any other iphone release and I am pretty sure I kept up pretty well on all releases from the very first original iphone.

I am not calling anyone a sucker however, I'm sure the iphone 4 is awesome as a gadget but I need a reliable phone as well. I don't think anyone should have to settle for poor connection issues in today's day and age. There simply is no excuse for a phone device to perform poorly as a phone. It can have the crispest display and last 3 days without a charge but if I cannot reliably call someone I will just go out and buy and ipad and another phone.

I go back and forth on still getting the i4 just to see for myself but I am left with the decision to not put myself through being frustrated by a phone that drops a call if I hold it in the wrong hand the wrong way.

19. budman1961 macrumors regular

So Apple delivers 600,000 of tese devices in a few days, a few have problems. Apple takes care of these issues, if they didnt, they wouldnt be setting the bar for NEARLY EVERY DEVICE THEY MAKE!

I'm tired of the haters, this is yet another idiotic thread, most likely by the some kind of poster.

I own a 2010 MB Pro, 2 iphones, and ipad, and I am a PC convert.

If you took the same advice you seem to be spewing relative to the food you eat, you would wither and die.....go away.

Just my .02 cents worth.