I'm being tempted to go SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scarpad, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

With all the IPhone 7 hoopla I sent in my 6 Plus Before the bottom drops out and am getting $335 for it, And I'm really thinking of getting an SE for a year and wait out till the 8. I wish that Apple would announce an SE with matching 7 internals but doubt very much that will happen, after having the plus for 2 plus years it might be nice to go back to a phone that is very pockatable, and every review I've read or seen on the SE have been very favorable. It seems like it could take me at least a year till the major revisions roll out... wonder what you all think ?

2. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I said it ages ago and it still holds true.

The smart money is on getting a SE to tide people over until the ip8.

But the ip7 is a decent upgrade in its own right. And the 6s/+...being $100 cheaper (and with the audio jack) brings up the rear.

Take your pick.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have an iPhone 5. I love it. It was my very first full purchase from Apple and I got it on launch day in 2012.

I have a 6s+ now and as much as I love my iPhone 5, I will NEVER go back to that size. My 5 is great as a media device (mainly music) but that's all I use it for now.

Just too small for me now.

4. puma1552 macrumors 601

I'm still very undecided myself between SE, 7, or just keep my 6.

I think the SE would be a great buy to have until next year's iPhone comes out, but the 7 is becoming tempting...but if I get a 7 there's no way to justify an 8 next year. Problem with the SE is just the poor color saturation, so maybe keeping the 6 another year is best? I'm totally torn.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

SE is a great little device with most major components of the 6S. If you're happy with it, get it. If not, don't.

6. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

I'm waiting for a 64GB SE to come in as an upgrade to my 5S. The bigger screen of the 6/6S would have been nice but I need a smaller, more pocketable phone and the 6 series always felt too thin/flimsy/slippery to me. I always came around to liking the new iPhone designs in the past but the 6 series just hasn't grown on me at all. The 5/5S/SE form factor is a perfect size for me and the SE will be a considerable performance upgrade in basically every way. For the price it was a no brainer.

7. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    I really hope that Apple goes to a three phone rotation with a 4 inch, 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch phone all having the same design and internals at release. The release of the SE feels a bit like an experiment to determine consumer appetite for going back to a 4 inch screen after using larger screens for a couple of years.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Just trying to type my email address in the tiny little terminal iPhone the geeks use at the Aplle store made me realize that I NEVER want to go back to a 4" phone.

9. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

I thought they still use 4s?

Also thinking abiut grabbing a se and managung on only 64gb... My iphone is starting to slow down.. So may grab a se to tide me over. The 64gb will be a challenge from my 128gb 6 though.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I have an SE. Great little phone. There are a few technical deficiencies compared to the 6s (front camera, force touch, barometer) but nothing major. Battery is amazing, way better than the 6s (maybe not as good as the plus; I'm not sure). The only real issue is what screen size you prefer. Personally, I like the 4" size for pocketability, one handed operation, and to carry while running.

Important to remember, too, that it costs $250 less than the 6s at the same capacity (I guess it'll be $150 less after Wednesday). Nearly the same tech at 2/3 the price.

11. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

The iPhone SE was probably the best decision I had made regarding a phone in a long time. I have the 6s Plus and the 6s. Right now my significant other uses the 6s Plus but the 6s still hasn't been touched since the beginning of May.

I went from a 6s Plus to an iPhone SE and have enjoyed it ever since. The phone is super fast and the graphics are great. The design is the greatest iPhone design ever and just remind me of my 5s. I loved my 5s and honestly hated getting rid of it to get the iPhone 6.

That said with the dual camera of the 7 plus and the home button going away... I may be selling my SE and 6s and 6s Plus to get the 7 plus for her and me ...

That doesn't mean the iPhone SE isn't a great phone because it is ... if they were to release and SE with the features of the 7 then I WOULD JUMP ON IT!!!

12. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I have an SE. I miss the larger screen. Wish I'd waited for 7.

13. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I believe they have 64GB SE. Mine is 64GB. You mean you're waiting for a store to have one available?

14. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Yeah mine is 64 GB too. It's on Next. If someone would pay me the balance I could pay it off and upgrade to a 7 right?

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you paid off the balance, you could sell the phone and buy a 7.

16. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

That's what I meant. If someone paid me what's left I'd just pay the phone off. Then it's mine to give away and I'd be upgrade eligible again. Just buy the 7 then.

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If friend or family, sure. But I would personally never trust someone to do this. A stranger could just take off with my money, and not pay the phone off. Then the phone that I was told was paid off would get blacklisted/bricked.

18. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Yeah, some trust would be required.

19. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Exactly. That's been a problem with people buying phones on eBay and months down the line the phone was never paid off and they now have a paperweight.

20. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

The solution is simply pay it off then sell it and pay yourself back with the buyers money.

21. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

My SE is about as fast as my 6s is in terms of usability. Very fluid and quite fast. Great work phone for me. I only got the 6s as it was half off.

22. dj1891 macrumors regular

dj1891

I went from the 6 to a 64gb SE, I love the phone, its a little powerhouse. If I had 1 complaint though it would be the screen quality. It's just not as nice as the iPhone 6/6s

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I personally hated my 6 plus due to performance woes. Worst iPhone I ever owned. My son has an SE and I love it. While giving up the large screen would be a drag, the performance more than makes up for it. The SE beats the 6 plus in all measurable ways (for me) besides screen and resolution. That's a big "but" though. Enough for me to say go for it.

24. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

They use iPhone 4S for the payment machines at Apple Stores, the screen is 3.5"

25. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

No I already ordered one, just waiting for it to be shipped.