I'm Buying my first MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ihatevista, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ihatevista macrumors newbie

This is my very first post
    I am very close to purchasing a new mbp.
    I'm making a final decision this week.
    i've been a windows user since 1995.

I've had so many glitches with vista and windows overall for the last year. Recently I started to learn dreamweaver 8 and fireworks. i must say I'm having a blast. I want to transition to photoshop before i get to deep into fireworks. I hear from all the design forums that mac is the only way pretty much. With my vista frustration it makes the idea of transition easier to swallow.

I need some advice on the best config for my budget. Here is what I plan to use for software and such. Will it even support my needs?

I'm going to buy and use Adobe Cs4 with dweaver, photoshop etc.
    Iwork in place of office.
    I also plan to run xp with bootcamp using 50gig partition for win only biz programs.
    I wanna do some middle of the road video editing and possibly Logic.

I can either afford a decked out Mac Book or the following Macbook Pro config from mac connection for $1749.00

2.4GHz Intel Intel Core 2 Duo / 2GB DDR3 SDRAM / 250GB Hard Drive / SuperDrive DVD±RW/CD-RW
    15.4in 1440 x 900 Display / NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, NVIDIA 9400M / IEEE 802.11n (draft)
    MacOS X 10.5 / 5.4lb(s) / 1 Year Warranty

Also a couple more questions, sorry.....
    1. Is mac connection ok? 250 cheaper than applestore, or is there a better source somewhere else?
    2. Is apple 1to1 worth 99 bucks?
    3. Do they make a bluetooth or wireless inkjet printer thats good? Lots of cables are not an option.

Thank you in advance,
    Michael
    www.balloonanimal.com

2. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

I would get the decked out MacBook, if you could, get a decked out mbp

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I would get the Pro.

Also, Apple does not make printers, but they do sell some at their stores and online.