I'm buying my iPod touch tonight!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Prof., Sep 14, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My dad and I are going to the Apple Store tonight to buy my 16GB iPod touch. I'll try to post high quality pictures later on tonight when we get back (if I don't post pics tonight, check back on this thread tomorrow)

Prof. :apple:

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, I'm jealous. I have to wait until my birthday to get one even though I could go out and buy it myself right now... Enjoy it!

3. telf22 macrumors regular

i love going to the apple store and buying things lol, i got my touch yesterday, its sweet!!!!!

4. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Good luck with that. Try calling first. Every store is selling out fast.

5. jmack549 macrumors 6502

My birthday is coming up soon. Buy 2 and send one my way.

6. pushateg7 macrumors member

Exactly. Good luck, but never seen the point of these threads.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Nah, buy three and send one to both of us... PLEASE.

I did say please, so I think that you should send me one just for that! Anyway, enjoy it, it's gonna be a great device.

8. magicjames92 macrumors regular

F*** my store sold out and my order still says "prepared to ship"...next month....

9. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Two things: They sold out of the 16GB so I got the 8GB and my camera is broken so I can't post any pics:(

10. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Haha, looks like im eating my words right now because i got the LAST 16gb touch in Sacramento! Woo. Everybody on the phone said "we only have 8s" So it took me actually going down there to finally get someone to get their ass back there and check, and what do ya know? "Lucky guy, our last 16." Thank you!

11. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

If you're wanting the 16gb, why not just wait?

12. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Ok, posting from my new 16gb iPod touch! Man I love this thing. Anyways, I agree, you shoud just wait another day or so to get the 16. The apple store near my house got 3 shipments in the last 48 hrs. So chances are, yue apple store near you will be getting some in soon.

13. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

i never understand when people want one model and just settle for the lesser model bc it was sold out? spending all this money makes no sense to rush the purchase.

14. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

I don't have a lot of music (600 songs) and I only have 60 music videos. My total GB usage is 4GB. So by the time I completely fill my Touch, the new one will be out and I'll probably end up buying a new one in two years.

15. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

This is the same predicament I'm in. I really like the features of the Touch and don't require more then 8gb's of storage at the moment, so Classic and Nano would not be practical when I can have the best of the best.:D

:apple: 4 LIFE

16. AppleFan08 macrumors member

That was my rationale, but i said, for only 100 more, i can have 2x the storage! So i opted for the 16

17. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

If only it were that cheap for me. In Canada I would have to pay $449 for the 16gb, which is $120 more then what I'm paying for the 8gb, and I don't have a 6gb+ of music anyway. All comes down to preference.

18. Garrett macrumors regular

Are you ****ing kidding me? It took me 45 min to read the ****ing directions from Google Maps to get to Arden Fair from Roseville, and boom, their sold out after telling me they would totally have them.

I hope you frickin' enjoy it, as my heart felt broken telling me they JUST SOLD OUT! :mad: PS: It's my bday too, it was to be my present...unbelievable :(

19. AppleFan08 macrumors member

lol, thanks for the little PM, "I Hate You." Man I've been searching for a touch since yesterday. I called arden at 8:50 last night (they close at 9) and they had a ton of touches in. I didnt get out of school till 2:20 today, call up, theyre all out. Wait until 8pm, call up, the guy says they only have 8gbs. I say, hmm, better go see for myself. I get there, ask if they have 16s, the guy checks, and comes out with TWO. He says, "this one is yours, and this one is for another guy." But he couldnt find that other guy, so i guess someone else got it. I bought that at 8:40 lol.

20. pushateg7 macrumors member

Hey i'm from IL too, which store did you end up going to?

21. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

YOU!!!! No; good on you for being active. I ordered mine so I'll se it when it gets here.

22. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Posting from iPod touch. This is freakin' amazing and fast: I went to the one in the oak brook shopping center. What city do you live in? I live in the bible capitol of the country: Wheaton, IL.

Edit: I just looked at your profile. You live in Wheeling. Nevermind. Have you heard of/been to wheaton? We are in the Book of World records for the city with the most CHURCHES. YAY GOD!!!

23. mig29fulcrum macrumors newbie

i know at the century city store today (sep 15 2007) they only had 6 and they were all the 8 GB iPod Touch so i think you are going to have to wait on those