IM Chat Programs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by seag33k, Aug 13, 2009.

1. seag33k macrumors newbie

I just got a new iphone and wondered which IM chat program is the best out there and free? Also, do any of these programs keep you logged in even if your not actively using the program?

Thanks!

2. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

Well a free option would be AIM. Aim has push notifications so you can still get messages when you're not in the app. A paid solution would be beejive. It cost 10 bucks in the app store so it is too rich for my blood. Haven't tried it out yet but people said they love it. I personaly think that they are just trying to justify the fact that they are spending so much money on an IMing client. Another free one that signs into everything at once is ebuddy. This doesn't work that well when i tried so I stopped. There is IM+. this is only 5 dollars but i heard mixed reviews about this app. Its all personal preference. Go read all the forum posts, there's a lot.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

4. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

THE best solution is Fring!
    It's FREE! It has Push! AND you can log in to everything! MSN/Yahoo/AIM/Skype/etc/etc....
    I love it!

5. seag33k thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I just downloaded fring but accidentally didn't enable the push notification on install and now I can't figure out how to enable it.

6. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

7. emi macrumors newbie

i had im+ free version and didnt like it because i wanted push. I buckled and bought the 10 buck beejive and I LOVE it!! and no im not just trying to justify the price. its great - im logged into everything i want to be, i can log in/out of one - or all, i also customized how it looks. someone the other day asked if i was on a computer and was surprised when i said no because it is so quick. im glad i paid the 10 bucks - you get what you pay for. :eek:

8. eg2007 macrumors 6502

BeeJive rocks. Been using it for over a year.

9. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Which services do you use? I use AIM, GChat and Facebook and Beejive is by far the best client out there for those. Push notifications work flawlessly and the whole app looks like it was made my Apple and came built into the phone. You can send pictures, audio, etc. through the chat. It's wonderful, but it is the most expensive IM client out there. I've tried all the free ones and none of the others are even close, especially for the chat services I need.

PS: You might want to try the App Store section of this forum. Do a search there, there are many threads just like this one that go into further detail.