IM Client that works like Messages?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Noisemaker, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Noisemaker Guest

I'm looking for a good IM app with Google Talk support that works like Messages does for texting.

What do you guys recommend? I want to be able to get messages the same way from Google Talk - where I get a Push notification, and can go to the app. Is there anything that works like that?

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

BeeJive is your best option.

3. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

Beejive looks great - but at $10 it's pricy, and the recent reviews aren't exactly stellar.

Will it get me notifications and allow people to send me messages even if the app isn't running?

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I got Beejive during it's early stage when it was on sale for $15 and no regrets so far, they've been updating it often.

To both of your questions, answer is yes.

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Meebo is free, and it appears to support Google Talk. It's been very good, so I see no need to spend $10 on anything else.

6. heskech macrumors newbie

I prefer eBuddy Messenger Pro for it's reliability in sending/receiving chats and staying connected. I wanted a messenger that would reconnect from the server if say, google decided to reboot their servers. I also wanted a messenger that would recover seamlessly when moving from a bad cellular data connection to a good one or vice versa. eBuddy is working the best for me. Also, the most recent updates have addressed the crashing I'd seen in the past. eBuddy has been low maintenance.

I've used to use Beejive but recent updates have been clunky and it still does not recover from lost connections ( like the situation I raised above ). Plus, Beejive support is almost non-existent. They rarely respond to issues raised in their forum or respond to support emails. At least this has been my experience.

I've used Meebo for a short while but was turned off by ads.

7. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

Thanks! Meebo does exactly what I want, and beats the hell out of $10 for Beejive!

8. kicko macrumors 65816

i always thought meebo worked just fine last time i used it but i still use beejive just because i paid for it :D

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz