I'm concerned Apple Store is a terrible service now

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 13, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I feel like every time I go to an Apple Store it feels like there are long lines, terrible service and they never have any products for purchase in the store. I'm starting to dread going to the Apple Store because it is just one big disappointment after another. Apple Store used to be a fun pleasant experience. What happened? The atmosphere feels snotty, stuck-up and just overall not fun. I went there and they didn't have any MacBook Pros in the store for sale and worse no demonstrations.

2. Rafterman macrumors 68020

Lines? What lines? They got rid of their counters, its just a bunch if reps wandering around, with you hoping you can get one's attention. It's idiotic, but I guess that counters and checkouts aren't cool enough for Apple.

3. nomoresecrets macrumors member

While the stores near me are usually crowded, especially when new products are launched, I have never had a problem checking out or buying anything. The sales people I speak with are always friendly and willing to help. Sorry to hear your experiences have not been the same.

4. jackoatmon macrumors 6502a

jackoatmon

it's the best customer service experience in any tech retail

the only way to get better service is to go to restaurants and fashion boutiques

what are you talking about

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Apple has gotten much bigger and it's harder for them now to keep excellent customer experience. Also many people buy their computers online now so Apple doesn't stock as many in the stores.

6. Macalway, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016

Macalway macrumors 68020

It's the same as it's always been. 50% of the employers act like Walmart greeters. The other 50% are hipsters.

Nothing new here. Still cool stuff.

I really like picking up stuff. They are very fast and pleasant. It's still fun. And I doubt it's some kind of dying entity. It may even get better (and bigger). They don't have the new stuff in store yet, which isn't cause for alarm.

7. cmaier macrumors G4

Lines? Where? I wouldn't even know how to get in a line at an Apple Store.

8. leman macrumors G3

Yeah, here there is a big problems with lines as well. Simply too many customers and the shop is not large enough anymore. However, the sales reps are still very helpful and they had a number of Watches 2 on stock that take 2-3 weeks of online delivery.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

The only thing I was able to take away from your post is that they didn't have any MacBook Pros (which model) for purchase or display.

You may have some points but give more details.

Generally I always check stock order ahead so can't relate to being disappointed on no stock.

Thinking back it was more "fun" years ago. I ask myself what is fun? Essentially that means less crowded stores. Beyond that it's all the same to me.

10. rickycheung macrumors newbie

Yes that's true. I visited Apple Store in San Francisco Bay Area for several times this year. The service of representives in stores there are much worse than years ago. They are not patient, and not listening to my questions. Even with appointments of Genius Bar, there wS still almost an hour wait for me.

11. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

In their niche days they were far less busy. Now they are constantly packed so you can imagine that patience is no longer valued. Most of here already know more than the average employee anyway. Its definitely the least bad of the larger tech companies but thats not saying too much either.