I'm confused about this...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by D28Z98, Apr 10, 2015.

1. D28Z98 macrumors member

It took the first batch of Apple Watches about 9 minutes (according to reports) to be out of that April 24th shipping window. I ordered mine at 4:30AM and got June, and it's now 11:34AM and they're still showing June.

Why did it take the first batch 9 minutes to miss that mark, but the next batch has taken 9 hours to still fit in that June window?

I know it doesn't really MATTER, it just seems confusing. Did they really make that few available for the initial launch?

2. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

The people who wanted it the most preordered it right away. If nothing is slipping past June that means the production team has something up their sleeves to turn out more watches

3. brianld macrumors member

brianld

My guess is that they only made a limited quantity of each style & size. Now that they have the data on all of the pre-orders, they have a much better understanding of the popular variations, and will ramp production accordingly.

I would not be surprised to see the "June" or "July" vague ship dates be pulled in to something earlier.

4. ivandr macrumors regular

That could also be because Apple may deliver faster than the time they quoted you (ie you may get your watch long before June but they know they sold enough that they won't be able to fulfill your order in the initial launch window)

This happened to a lot of people with iPhone 6 orders... they had time windows weeks past the initial launch date but ended up having their devices delivered well before the launch window as Apple caught up on supply

5. D28Z98 thread starter macrumors member

Obviously I'm hoping this is the case. My wife just kinda shrugged it off when I said "it says ours aren't shipping until June" - I, on the other hand, was throwing a fanboy FIT. :eek::mad: