Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveo52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
I'm not a newbie to the ipod world but I'm confused. I just got a 64 gig touch gen 5. Once upon a time I could drag and drop tunes I wanted to my old iPod. I can no longer do that. :confused:

I also subscribe to iCloud does that have an effect? Here's where the real confusion comes in. If I go
Settings, General, About it reads I have 2466 songs stored and they do appear to be on the touch when I'm on a wifi connection. When I lose the wifi connection many of the tunes become "Grayed Out" and I cannot play them. I just can't figure out why or how to have the tunes always available to play whether I"m on wifi or not. :confused:

Bottom line I want all tunes stored in iCloud to be on my iTouch.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
O to your iPod in iTunes then click music then click sync music then pick the music yu want to sync or sync all of it

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
In iTunes click your iPod touch and scroll down until you see "manually manage my music and videos" and check that box and click apply. That would doubt for you

Apple support way copied**
Connect the device to your computer.
Open iTunes.
Select iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the Devices list.
Click the Summary tab and select "Manually manage music and videos".
Click Apply.

steveo52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
In iTunes click your iPod touch and scroll down until you see "manually manage my music and videos" and check that box and click apply. That would doubt for you

Apple support way copied**
Connect the device to your computer.
Open iTunes.
Select iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the Devices list.
Click the Summary tab and select "Manually manage music and videos".
Click Apply.

I prefer to manually mange my music. The problem is I don't see "Manually manage music and videos", I only see "manually manage videos"

Also worth mentioning a couple of weeks ago I downloaded via wifi all my tunes and I could play them connected to wifi or not what could have changed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.