I'm confused now (4.3.2 JB w/ 1.59.00 BB)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Many things that I've read have indicated that 4.3.2 is not unlockable as of yet.

I am currently running 4.1 w/ a 1.59.00 BB, and want to upgrade w/out losing the 1.59.00 BB. I have downloaded 4.3.2 firmware and saved it to my PC. I have also dowloaded RedSn0w.

Should I install the latest version of Tiny Umbrella (running an old version that worked w. 4.1) then "Shift+Restore" to the new firmware while running TU? Or will this still not prevent me from losing my 1.59.00 BB?

Didn't seem this complicated when I first JB's, but I have been out of it (obviously since I'm on 4.1 still!), and not keeping up with the JB scene as much as I probably should to attempt this....

Thanks in advance for the assist!

2. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I think as long as you're running tinyumbrella, your baseband won't be upgraded. In fact, by default tinyumbrella changes your hosts file so even if TU isn't running your baseband won't be upgraded. I'm 90% sure, but maybe someone else can confirm.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To upgrade your iPhone 4 without upgrading your baseband using TinyUmbrella or PwnageTool (mac).

Once TinyUmbrella is open click run "TSS Server". Close/Reopen iTunes. Shift restore. Load in the 4.3.2 firmware. Jailbreak with Redsn0w. Unlock with ultrasn0w.

4. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Thank you, and thank you PsstGreek! I think you're right, rrandyy - I recall restoring my IP4 before taking it back to the Apple Store due to a hardware problem. I did a straight restore w/out TU.

I had already used TU on that IP4 to JB and keep 1.59.00 BB, and even when I restored w/out TU, my 1.59.00 BB was retained. I just didn't want to bank on that working every time!