Im Confused.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Wraz, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Wraz macrumors regular

Yea im unsure i wanna jailbreak my ipod? what comes good with it? ive searched a little. i just wanna know if its save or not. and if its true that i have to turn off wifi everytime i plug it into my mac. oh and i can't seem to find the jailbreak for mac, only pc.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can do many things with it when it is jailbroken. The software you want to jailbreak with is Redsn0w.

3. Wraz thread starter macrumors regular

Alright. but does it delete all your stuff on your ipod?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

I don't believe if you use Redsn0w. But if you want to be safe, make sure that it is backed up in iTunes, and then jailbreak it. That way if you lose anything you can restore it to a Backup and your stuff will be back.

5. Wraz thread starter macrumors regular

Alright thanks for the replys. just one question agin. what is the newest version?

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Of Redsn0w? 0.8.

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

8. Wraz thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the help guys. i finally got it jailbroken. so what now? how do i install themes n stuff?

9. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

In Cydia, tap Sections, then scroll down to Themes (Winterboard), tap and choose a theme. Select Install in the top right of the title bar. Open Winterboard, scroll to the new theme and tap it, this will check it. Click the home button, and Springboard should respring. If the theme doesn't look to have applied, then you can hold and drag the theme up and down in Winterboard with the far right of the theme's name. If the theme is higher, it will be displayed above all other themes.

You can always add themes by SSH too, from places like MacThemes.

10. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

dont forget to add all the repositories in cydia under 'repositories', it gives u ALOT more things to install