I'm definitely getting the speed boost on AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mattyk182, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Mattyk182 macrumors member

So as you all know, apple said the iPhone 4s would get faster data speeds if you're in the right area. I'm coming from the 3gs and let me tell you, I'm getting faster downloads and uploads for sure. It's crazy how much faster it is than the 3gs in every way possible. When I activated my 4s, I called AT&T to make sure that my data plan was still unlimited and she said I'm on the "4s data plan" and she also said I will love the speed of the data in my area. She wasn't joking. I'm loving this phone!

2. guinness8878 macrumors member

guinness8878

I'm in Kansas City, Mo and mine is the same speed as my 4 was. I like the speed of opening apps and camera faster so I'm still happy with it, just wish the data was a bit faster.

3. Mattyk182 thread starter macrumors member

I'm in CT. She said I'll only get the faster speeds when I'm in a 4g area which apparently, I am. So technically, the iPhone 4s is a 4g phone but ONLY on AT&T.

4. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Actually technically the iPhone 4s runs on a faster version of 3G. 4g is really only LTE and Wi-Max. Tmobile and AT&T like to call their faster 3G 4g for marketing.

5. Brad02 macrumors regular

I was in Kansas City this summer and the speeds there were faster than anywhere I had speed tested before. I'm not noticing much of a difference here in Louisville, KY.

6. Mattyk182 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I should have been more specific but yes, you are correct.